I did it

Thegrampatrk

i bought a 89 d100 short bed to put my ve 12valve in plans are as much free power as possible
pump tured up
fuel pin ground
the future plans are
518a trans manual vb and hope the stocker last til 350-375hp
he351cw ht3b twins
6x.016 injectors
studs of course
and probally a regrind from tmoney

im building this truck to be light super light was shooting for 3500 but i think 4000lbs is the best ill get just gonna take it slow with this build and use it as a dd some until it gets to wild

am i out of my mind to shoot for 400 using stock non ic injectors? and not blow the head loose with just re tqing the bolts

It will be slightly tough but hit up Eric @ The Hungry Diesel. Had his injectors flow honed and hit 400. Also has a damn nice price on piston lift pumps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

with the h1c and a 12cm housing on it over a ht3b I think some good fuel and timing I could see 400 and the non lock up trans will olny help to keep me from blowing up parts
good news im picking up my half ton next weekend for 300 going for a buget beater on a college guys budget might get interesting I have 100 in the ht3b in great shape I have some tubing left over from my twins on my 24v I hope I can get the stock tq converter rebuilt with a little lower stall than I have now and mabey it will light super fast and get moving also have a 9in ford with 3.00 gears for the rear end that and some traction bars and a spool should make for one hell of a ride and good mileage also

Except he doesn't have lock up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

whell the guy I thought I had my truck bought from has backed out on me im still pounding away at an attempt to get a truck to put my motor in but I did find a bone stock long bed 2wd cummins for 2g

So I got a truck eclb npt running the fss is working its got diesel its gpt fuel to the pump and injectors was running and just stopped it cranks and puffs white smoke while cranking with some eather it runs and starts to take off but bumps along for a second then dies any thoughts I've checked for cracked lines and for air

White smoke could indicate it's getting some fuel. Has the pump been messed with or off of the engine before?

Been turned up but not removed it sounds like it wants to bust off but just can't get it think I'm lacking pressure from.the lift pump

with the h1c and a 12cm housing on it over a ht3b I think some good fuel and timing I could see 400 and the non lock up trans will olny help to keep me from blowing up parts
good news im picking up my half ton next weekend for 300 going for a buget beater on a college guys budget might get interesting I have 100 in the ht3b in great shape I have some tubing left over from my twins on my 24v I hope I can get the stock tq converter rebuilt with a little lower stall than I have now and mabey it will light super fast and get moving also have a 9in ford with 3.00 gears for the rear end that and some traction bars and a spool should make for one hell of a ride and good mileage also

Being in college, do they speak english? Using no punctuation makes it hard to read bro know what I mean I'm sick and tired of reading one giant run on sentence this is a grown up forum use English or leave

Comprende?

I was posting from my phone sry about that. so I got a can of diesel today and tried to pump the fuel into the lift pump manualy and no luck. any ideas some times it works some times it doesn't I had no fuel from the tank at all. I have a raptor 150 I was temped to install just don't know if I need that much pump.

If it's original, the diaphragm could be torn. That usually results in fuel in the crankcase which can easily be detected by pulling the dipstick, smelling it or looking for an abnormally high level.

What have you narrowed it down to?

whell this sucks im going to do compression test and see what it returns...the injectors didnt look good

Back