I did it

whell after some trying i belive that cyl 5 or 6 is no longer building compression time to swap motors

What makes you think it has a dead cylinder?
Investigate every avenue, pull the valve covers, inspect rockers and pushrods, spin the engine over and see if things work as they should.

Trobleshooting is 99% of fixing a problem.
Simple things get overlooked because it "seems" like a major problem.

The last engine I swapped out, I took someone else's word that the engine was "knocking", put in another engine, drove the truck home and sold the old engine as a core, only to find out all that was wrong was a broken pushrod banging around.

What should have been a $30 fix, turned into an engine swap and the replacement engine cost me $1500 and it used 12 GALLONS of oil from Barstow CA to here.

If only I had taken the time to troubleshoot the engine myself.

Mark.

Ive pulled the valve covers no luck im going to pull the head but I doubt I find any thing I want to find

whell the cylinders arent in great shape i see some scrape marks but all the pistons are clean and not melted

Whell the race truck has a new heart its a ***** installing a 12v by your self lots of up down cuzz beer moments so re warding when you hear that sweet thump amd all of it slips together like it should

Back