I think I killed my DTT 47RE

It really does. I was tired of having trouble seeing the level when I would check it.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Dang. I used to think I wanted to build my own. Think I’ll just let firepunk handle this one.

OK. I have pulled this thing back down. Everything looks perfect except for two things:
1) the stator support bolts were only finger tight. The Milwaukee impact didn't rattle to take them out to inspect the pump
2) minor metallic debris in the forward and direct clutch stacks. I'm going to wash them clean, re-lube and run with it.

I've gotten more than one opinion to torque the pump and put it back in.

Again, I had 160psi in lockup, stable with no needle bounce. I made a right turn and shifted 1,2 3rd bumped and then it freewheel Ed like neutral, no forward or reverse.

The sprag/overrunning clutch is fine. I haven't pulled OD to inspect the intermediate shaft.

Let's hope that's all it was. I bet you can pull that thing in 45 mins flat driveshafts and all by now

I know what tools to lay out anyway.....

Dang. I used to think I wanted to build my own. Think I’ll just let firepunk handle this one.

I learned that with mine. In and out 4 times converter sent back 3 times ended up taking it to a shop. VB needed surfaces machined, drums needed machined, couple other small stuff.

I could probably manage one now but **** just send it to firepunk since they can test the vb and all that.

Biggy my supply guys send me a pump with only 2 bolts in them. Did pump look good?

Last edited:
I got it.

For the DIY guys, I guess I missed this or it's not communicated.

Reman pumps are shipped loose. The bolts in mine were finger tight and the head of one was shaved flat. I'm assuming that one or all of them cause the loss of pressure.

The internals of the trans look fine other than some small debris from the previous failure.

Note: the bolts were not as loose as in that picture. Pic was right after I inspected the pump.
0dfc03ed9fd03c0f740d01ba36c91d42.jpg

Thanks for the info. Guess you found your issue then
If it isn't, I believe it will have to be something in the valve body. There just isn't anything else out of place.

How sparkly are GPZ's when they are new? Internet makes what I have is just a little more sparkly than new, but at first glance they looked like an abrasive nightmare.

Something in the 48 geartrain is thinner when you stack them together to compensate for the shell thickness.I had a 48 build not too long ago but I didn’t side by side the parts.

You aren't wrong.

I think the pocket depth on the case where the pump mates to the case isn't as deep on the 48 to give it the extra few thousandths.

Back