I want shop pictures..

Chris, I like the use of the PBR sheets on the inside walls, definately a quick way of closing off the inside walls and creating a reflective surface,making it way brighter.

Tim

Just finished my new shop this weekend. 36 x 52 x 14

551285_10152336789513662_1186467508_n.jpg

Electrical fire 3 weeks ago... Ongoing thing at this point... It was where the builders ran the service in for the entire building... A lot of questions still and an ugly hole in the ceiling

I have a shop full of crap right now, so the shop itself is hard to see.

40x60x14 . 20x20 is enclosed for office and decked for storage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383695230.285297.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383695245.251320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383695274.941980.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383695288.901271.jpg

Beinz we live in tornado alley........this Saturday is when we dig an 8 foot hole in my shop and pour a storm cellar in it. :D

Forms build but not assembled yet. It will be 8' x 12' x 7' tall inside dimensions.

attachment.php

Concrete was sawed in the expansion joint cuts already in the slab. We'll just pour the rectangles back full.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pouring the last Slab on Crete for my shop today. So ready to get it finished.

Beinz we live in tornado alley........this Saturday is when we dig an 8 foot hole in my shop and pour a storm cellar in it. :D

Forms build but not assembled yet. It will be 8' x 12' x 7' tall inside dimensions.

attachment.php

Concrete was sawed in the expansion joint cuts already in the slab. We'll just pour the rectangles back full.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lots of dirt going to get in that hole on the side there Sir.

Thought that was gonna be glass, for science educational purposes. Good for the kids to pass time while y'all are down there.

That's be an awesome ant farm. LOL

Just priced concrete. $95 /yd. Gonna take 12 yards. Yowsers!

For you guys building new shops, how much haggling were you able to do with the builders? Are they like used car salesman? I've gotten a few quotes on our new shop and to say the least they are all over the board and quite a bit higher then when priced doing it last year. I've priced all steel as well as wood frame. Looking at doing either a 40x60' with a lean to off both 60' sides or a 60x120' and partitioning of the front 40x60 as the shop with the rest as storage. Give me some names of builders on the east coast if you know of any. Already spoke with National Barn

Jeremy, I bought mine here.

http://www.olympiabuildings.com/specials.asp

They have a page for "specials" which are normally buildings that are ordered and folks have backed out on. The building I bought was 100% bolt together (cept for the tin) and me and some buddies put it up in 9 days. No need to hire it done unless you just don't have time. They come with instructions and full metal fab dwgs. Everything comes on one truck....bolts, screws, cables, everything. Just food for thought. I figure a 60x40 will cost you (around here) about 8-10 grand to have put up. Just rent a skytrack and buy the beer and BBQ....if you have any friends that is. LOL

Nutin to it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01304.jpg
    DSC01304.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For you guys building new shops, how much haggling were you able to do with the builders? Are they like used car salesman? I've gotten a few quotes on our new shop and to say the least they are all over the board and quite a bit higher then when priced doing it last year. I've priced all steel as well as wood frame. Looking at doing either a 40x60' with a lean to off both 60' sides or a 60x120' and partitioning of the front 40x60 as the shop with the rest as storage. Give me some names of builders on the east coast if you know of any. Already spoke with National Barn

Jeremy, my girlfriends family has had stoneburner in Harrisonburg build all their barns and buildings, in my opinion they did a pretty nice job. Definitely worth talking to!

Sent from my flashscan v2

Back