Ih Dt360 Upgrades

bigdog12

Hello I knopw this isnt really tractor related,but does anyone know if a 360 could be built up to about 300hp or so and be driveable,my plan was to use a 466 but a 360 would fit in the truck alot better. I cant find out much about them. thanks

It's easy to get lotsa power from a 360. Take off your pump, and take it in to a reputable injection shop and have them do their magic on it. It's better than just messing with the fuel screw if you want 300hp. See if they can almost double the cc's it makes now, which is around 150-ish. They should be able to get around 400cc from one without too much trouble. Just look for a good turbo like an S300, or whatever the Dodge boys use for the power level you're looking for. The 360 uses a bigger mounting foot for the turbo, but an adapter is reasonably cheap.

ih dt 360 upgrades

Ive been debating between the 2. Ireally dont wont to get into a problem with it heating up in hard pulls,plan on using medium duty axles with a 9 or 10speed trans.I kinda wonder how much torque loss the 360 will have over a 300hp or so 466. Got any idea?

300hp in a 360 will be around 600 pounds of tork.
300hp in a 466 will be around 850 pounds.
---Rough figures---
It can withstand an pretty high EGT spike, and will live thru some pretty hard abuse. Get a monster radiator and intercooler(charge air cooler), and you shouldnt have any problems with 300hp in a pickup.

I'm doing a DT360 conversion as we speak in a super duty. I plan to run it in the 5-600 HP range. The project is nearing completion and should be running by the end of august

Daily driver. We are putting a p-pump off a 5.9 cummins on it. Other than that, injectors, s400 turbo, pushrods and valve springs and we're off to the races.

We are also working on one... Where are you getting your injectors? And which S400 turbo have you settled on? We have a 190hp 360 out of a school bus complete with a p7100 on it already... We just need injectors, pump tweaking and a big charger... Got any advice for us?

Perfomance Diesel Solutions:Contact Us
I cant remember the injector guy's name, but they're a real reasonable price. My advice; most of the power to be had is in the pump work.

We are also working on one... Where are you getting your injectors? And which S400 turbo have you settled on? We have a 190hp 360 out of a school bus complete with a p7100 on it already... We just need injectors, pump tweaking and a big charger... Got any advice for us?

I've never seen a 360 with a p7100 on it. I am putting one on it. The 190HP motor came with the smaller A pump. Check your part #s. The A shouldn't be made to go more than 180 ccs for reliable daily driving. We are putting a P7100 off a 97 dodge on ours. The injectors (still juggling wheter 5x14 or 4x18), .093 lines, and holders are coming from a small tractor pulling shop in Nebraska. Most of the pump parts are Scheids and Haisley sourced. The S400 is gonna be in the 74mm range. Send a PM for more info. Is this going in a truck as well or a tractor?

Attachments

• DT 360 A.jpg
    DT 360 A.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DT 360 FLEX PLATE A.jpg
    DT 360 FLEX PLATE A.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DT 360 FLEX PLATE.jpg
    DT 360 FLEX PLATE.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DT 360.jpg
    DT 360.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 8
I do have pics of the adapter and flex plate we cnc machined to go to the 4r100.

Those are some nice pieces... Good to see your doing something other than just another cummins swap. I like people who do things a little different (I like being unique myself). Oh and I would personally recommend the 5x14's, I really like mine in the cummins, though I know there's a ton of 466s out there that run 4x18 and 4x22s and love them too.

Oh and I would personally recommend the 5x14's, I really like mine in the cummins, though I know there's a ton of 466s out there that run 4x18 and 4x22s and love them too.

A ton of em? How come they dont come on the forums to talk about em? Is this in trucks, or working/sled pullin tractors?

I went with 5x12, great atomization especially with the tuned P pump. less of the haze found with the 4 holers... This is still gonna be a daily driver in the end. The motor now runs in the truck, just finishing up the small stuff.

A ton of em? How come they dont come on the forums to talk about em? Is this in trucks, or working/sled pullin tractors?

At least around here there are quite a few. But I mostly attribute that to a lot of people around here looking for cheap parts and there's almost always a set for sale on pulloff for cheap (which is where most people around here get them). I personally like the idea of more holes that are smaller for cleaner burn... I actually contemplated having a set of 6x.012's made for my truck, flow almost the same, but cleaner :Cheer: <- though with that many holes I would have opted for SAC instead of VCOs.

Pulloff is the only place I know of to buy any IH injector used. Some Ford/New Holland stuff too.

Back