I'm at my whits end

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Truck started running rough, (like someone through a switch on) on the way to the Steele Alabama race, Bucking kicking and missing, but not all the time. Drove it there, and back, it was way down on power, 15 and 17 second passes. Got it home, and it went to the Dealer. To date they have replaced the Fuel pump, changed all fuel filters, changed oil, ICP, IPR, HPOP, and tested for leaking o rings. I have added an airdog, and checked the wiring harness for chaffing, NONE!

The EGR is welded shut, the egr cooler is cut out. Runs the same with or without the SCT. When it gets hot, it gets worse, till the oil temp hits 210, then it gets better, not gone, but better. Fuel pressure is 55 PSI, no codes, Injector balance test shows negative on all injectors, no fuel in the oil. WHat the hell am I missing?:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:kick::doh:

I checked all the spark plugs, and their not fouled! Thanks for this useful reply Scott. LOL

CHECK YOUR BOOST ARE YOU GETTING GOOD PRESSURE IF NOT YOUR TURBO IS STUCK IN THE LOW BOOST SIDE
THE PLATE IN THE EX HOUSING I SEE IT ALL THE TIME!! IS IT A SICK.0:poke:

If its an injector its not showing up on any test. The turbo is making 35-37 PSI, and its an aftermarket Beans, but it is a VGT.

I'm going to get it, and bring it home. They seem to have no interest in fixing it, as they pulled it out of the bay, and pulled another in.

I would say injector..but when i I had a stuck spool vale it didn't matter what any of the temps were..it idled rough..and I have a fluiddampnr..only did it at idle though..

what oil are you running?

I just got back from there, and it won't make over 2000 PSI of HPO. ANd it through a code......I am betting HPO, DUH! Before in Park, if you reved it, it would climb to 1000 PSI of HPO, then drop down and start acting rough, hitting as low as 300. Now it revs perfect, all the way to 4000 RPM's, but only at 2000ish pounds on the HPOP. I told him obviously there is a leak somewhere or the new HPOP is a bad one. I had a few heated words, and said I will be picking the truck up tomorrow night one way or the other. I have sent literally 75 + people to this guy for work. Needless to say my temper is gone.

Under The Hpop There Is A O-ring On A Tube That Feeds The Heads It Went By-by$.02

Tim, have you got the part number from Ford for the IPR?
They gave me a number like this: CM 5054 But I can't find the International cross reference for it...
I'm gonna stick a new HPOP, and IPR in mine as well.

BTW: I'm sorry I jacked your thread...Hope you get your troubles fixed buddy!!:Cheer:

Back