I'm at my whits end

I'll see if I can get it for ya. The HPOP fixed 90% of it. No more kicking and bucking. The slight miss is still there, but I am sure when the fuel pump went out, it took out atleast 1 injector. I'll be calling Cass here in a bit.

Hey Tim... I ordered a new HPOP and a new IPR as required. After spending as much as I have so far...what's the difference now????
I also have a ********* coming....DAMN!!!! I can't wait to get this thing together, and running now!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Dont talk bad about it, look at that sad face

Attachments

• tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 82
Not Yet, I have been out of town. Gonna tear into it tomorrow though.

Gosh, I'm sorry. I thought it was fixed and that is why I was so enthusiastic about it!!!! *bdh* :doh:

Thanks,
Vivian

I'm just gonna fly DJ here for a workation and get it over with. Vivian, I know there are a few Mojito's and Margaritas with your name on them. LOL

Hey Tim,

If you don't have faith with your guys, Call Crede at Diesel Dynamics in Joshua. It is a couple hours north of you but they are incredible. If you need a number, pm.

Thanks Chad. I might. I have a few little things left to try. The truck is 99% better than it was, and most wouldn't know its got a hiccup. I think the HPOP fixed 90% of it. It was waaaaaay down on power and the 581 on a .110 jet on the dyno only showed a 50 HP increase. I think the HPOP was weak, and the fuel pump going south hurt an injector or 2. I have Casserly building me 4 new injectors for spares. (I know I am anal, :doh:) but I'll swap those in and see. I still think its the HPOP oil rail check valves.

I'm just gonna fly DJ here for a workation and get it over with. Vivian, I know there are a few Mojito's and Margaritas with your name on them. LOL

I am so there :evil LOL

Thanks,
Vivian

FINALLY. Tore into the passenger side valve cover and replaced the check valve, and low and behold......it runs like a champ. No more kicking and bucking. Still have a little miss occasionally, but nothing like before. I think I probably fried an injector when the stock fuel pump went on vacation. I am very pleased. On a side note, I ran the truck so hard today it actually puked for the first time in a very very long time, but its also 103 outside. LOL

The check valve from hell:
truckfix4.jpg

Where it came from:
truckfix5.jpg

BTW, for those that are always saying what a PITA it is to get to those bottom two bolts on the pass side valve cover, I am happy to report that it was not bad at all. I had the valve cover off within 10 minutes, using a 12mm wrench. I just went at it from underneath, sliding my arm under the valve covers, and AC box.

truckfix3.jpg

truckfix2.jpg

ANd who needs a special tool, when you have an old 11/16 box wrench, and a grinder. Works like a champ.
truckfix1.jpg

It keeps the pulses from coming back to the pump when the injectors fire. I have no idea, except the HPOP was on its way out, and maybe some of the debris from it got caught in it and forced it open all the time.

If its an injector its not showing up on any test. The turbo is making 35-37 PSI, and its an aftermarket Beans, but it is a VGT.

i wouldn't count on the 'codes' to tell yo everything..

i had an injector nozzle break completely off and go thru the motor.
the sound was horrendous !!! when running it sounded like a rod banging against the inside of the block and shook the whole truck and poured smoke like a freight train even at idle...

and it never threw a code ~ ~ ~ ~

it would have been interesting to see if you had changed the check valve first, if everything else would have needed to be changed.

Glad your truck is up and running.

Back