Indiana Sled Pull

INDIANAFARMBOY

I was wondering about the best date for a sled pull. It is the Clinton County Fair. July 17th Fri. or the 18th Sat.

Work Stock: 1st-$250,$100,$50
2.6: 1st-$500,$250,$125
3.0: 1st-$750,$400,$250

Give me your input on Friday or Saturday which one would be better?(that's the important one)
Are three spots enough or do we need to pay more spots?
Is that a fair amount of prize money?

I need as much input as possible by the end of this week.

Thanks,
Kaleb

I guess it would matter most on what else is going on that night, other pulls, etc...

I would say Saturday is usually a better night, don't have to worry about leaving after work and such

Rick

Well to be honest, im even a work stock guy right now, and thats too much money for our class. More money could go to the bigger classes. Unless you plan on an actual good tech happening. The only reason i say this is because the workstock in Indiana last summer was pretty hot. I can only hope that somthing changes so that the workstock doesnt go away. Also are you just calling that class a 2.5 class? Good luck!

Yeah, I know sometimes the pulls are a little shady. Yes we do plan on having a couple people teching trucks. We just thought if we offered that kinda of prize money then if there is something going on somewhere else we can either ONE make it a good day for everybody by having it earlier or later and people have the option of hitting 2 pulls or TWO they will show up here instead. Any info on other pulls that you guys know of would be greatly appreciated the fair is the week of July 12th to the 18th. Let me know if you have any info or input
Thanks

CLINTON COUNTY FAIR

Frankfort, Indiana about 45miles north of Indy, 20-25 miles South/East of Lafayette, 25-30 miles South/West of Kokomo.

Location Date Day Classes Time Sled

Scottsville Ky May 9th Saturday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Corbin

Russell Springs Ky June 8th Monday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD4,SSD 6:30 CST Corbin

Munfordville Ky June 29th Monday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Southern Express

Scottsville Ky July 6th Monday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Corbin

Tompkinsville Ky July 14th Tuesday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Southern Express

Bowling Green Ky July 30th Thursday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Lowry

Brodhead Ky Aug 6th Thursday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 6:30 CST Corbin

Burkesville Ky Aug 7th Friday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Southern Express

Brownsville Ky Sept 18th Friday MT,MS,PS2,PS4,SLD 7:00 CST Corbin

This page was last updated 01/26/2009 07:22 PM

Where did you get the Marengo IN pull?

The more people that pull that leave with money the more likely they are to be back next year. If possible I would pay out 7 spots, even getting your entry fee back is a plus!

Oh yeah, my driveway adopted a 3rd cummins this last weekend...Project Pro-street

Looks like you got a good set up going, will the work stock be a 2.5 class or stock turbo class? I definitly understand tryin to get people comin back each year. Hope everything works out good!

Well to be honest, im even a work stock guy right now, and thats too much money for our class. More money could go to the bigger classes.

I agree. Not a well traveled class. Thats more for your locals. Stick your money in the big class and have yourself a good turnout of the big boys!!

Just adopt NADM rules....I doubt Gene would mind if ya used it for something to base the classes on.

But remember, if your throwing some good money out for the 2.6 class, your gonna pull in some big guys. When my truck is done Ill probably be able to run with the "Stock" trucks and the last thing i want to do is ruin a class set out for stock truck and be a bully. But classes might be better if they are Street stock, 2.6, 2.8, and open. That gives the brush pullers a chance to chase each other while the built truck can stay in our own class and not put 50-60 feet on the stock truck.

And If ya need any help with any of this. Ill be more than happy to help out all I can!

i agree with you jeff. id help out with tech or what not too if you need it. i doubt ill be pulling.

yea... im sure i wont be either.. truck is a lil tall for pulling. plus i couldnt make the 8000 pound weight to save my life. the truck weights 8500 empty with out me in it. and i add another 250

Back