Interest in a North East Diesel Racing Division

Noreaster said:
Sweet, I love post #4, so friggin true.

Also I signed up for the forum, should I also sign up for a membership for the Assoc. yet?

YES SIR!!!!!:rockwoot: :ylsuper: :rockwoot:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil

When i join the site, do i join the NHRDA? if not can i get a little assistance? LOL

Dom

Jeff, thats some good news there buddy! Can't wait to see where the first race's will be held......

TTT & maybe we should move this to the NHRDA section

Oh, one other thing, today at Indy is a classic example why its its nicer to be closer to home & not 1000 miles away. Im glad I didn't go.

Noreaster said:
Oh, one other thing, today at Indy is a classic example why its its nicer to be closer to home & not 1000 miles away. Im glad I didn't go.

If you attend any event weather is always something that has to be dealt with.

If one and a half days of Keating running a best of 8.82, Pro Street trucks that ran 10.20's, 139 mph, both Dmax's solidly in the 10's, 6 out of 10 Pro Street trucks in the 10's, Stuckey pulling the wheels, Sled pulling action for hours and hours on Saturday is not worth the trip then so be it.

DHRA should be commended for supplying a well run, well laid out, on time, organized, well funded, HUGE attendance (6000+) #1 diesel event in the country.

This is not a slam towards NHRDA or promotion of DHRA. But fact is if people don't travel, then there won't be attendace at any event, no matter who is putting it on.

I just now read this thread, but the truck race in Richmond is pretty good. last year it was GOOD $, semis racing and show and shine, and some jet trucks. If the show and shine is too clean, they were running a mudbog race on the mud track at the same time.
The track in Tompson track was pretty good, except Sled puller won running his dads truck there a few years ago. Buddha is real close to that one.
Dont forget Quaker City in Salem, OH. Kick ASS burnout Box, but track is uphill. They have a diesel race every year, but I missed it this year.

DavidTD said:
If you attend any event weather is always something that has to be dealt with.

If one and a half days of Keating running a best of 8.82, Pro Street trucks that ran 10.20's, 139 mph, both Dmax's solidly in the 10's, 6 out of 10 Pro Street trucks in the 10's, Stuckey pulling the wheels, Sled pulling action for hours and hours on Saturday is not worth the trip then so be it.

DHRA should be commended for supplying a well run, well laid out, on time, organized, well funded, HUGE attendance (6000+) #1 diesel event in the country.

This is not a slam towards NHRDA or promotion of DHRA. But fact is if people don't travel, then there won't be attendace at any event, no matter who is putting it on.

David, Excellent post. What really upsets me is when people resort to name calling, fault finding, and just plain tearing others down when in reality these people haven't done jack $hit for the diesel drag racing, sled pulling sport. :blahblah1:

Noreaster said:

Events called on the account of mother nature can happen to anyone at anytime.... :aiwebs_009: :ugh: That's one thing no-one can control.:1tooth:

But you still gotta give a hand to the teams that made the trip down there to represent and promote Diesel Motorsports, my hats off to those teams.

MADDOG said:
David, Excellent post. What really upsets me is when people resort to name calling, fault finding, and just plain tearing others down when in reality these people haven't done jack $hit for the diesel drag racing, sled pulling sport. :blahblah1:

I agree with you on the excellent post by David- its a true fact , that nobody is in control of. But what puzzles me is the rest of your post- who are you referring to with the rest of your post ?? I understand these are public forums and people tend to forget that and they air their feelings freely, and not always in the purest form.....:doh:

I guess nobody gets the point I was trying to make.

Noreaster said:

Instead of 14-20hrs driving home in the rain, 2-8hrs is much better.

Heres a thought, run indexs up till 14 or 15secs in the 1/4 then run brackets for the slower trucks.

Like I mentioned before a 11.5 index would be cool, like a outlaw street class-no cage, still street driveable & cheaper than pro street.

something in between 11.5 & 13.

A 13sec. class for the quick heavyweights or #2 trucks.

I'm in for a 11.5 or 12.0 index:ylsuper:

No rules or restrictions.....other than safety of course:bigsmile:

Back