Is it the head gasket? Please help diagnose.....

I have a mouth full of teeth. They ain’t all real, but it wasn’t from meth haha

Liqour and strip clubs have cost me a few though

I still remember getting a real deal train, Lionel or something I think, after playing with that bullshit haha

Modified slot cars and trains were my jam.

Lionel is my dad's jam. This is my old bedroom at home. That's why we take the RV when we go stay there. :D Both closets are beyond capacity.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3299.jpg
    IMG_3299.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 0
wish i could post video..i have that water tower. i have a spotlight like that...theres a piece where little guy comes out of the shack waving a lighted lantern when the train goes by.....those santa fe engines...twins...lots of that o guage stuff...

That's cool. My father sold his Lionel train set back in the '70's. It was just a small regular set, don't remember any buildings or anything. I do remember he had little tablets he'd drop in the stack on the engine that would make it smoke. I can still remember the electrical smell of it running, too. I believe he got $200 for it way back then. I still have my old Tyco HO set.

Lionel is my dad's jam. This is my old bedroom at home. That's why we take the RV when we go stay there. :D Both closets are beyond capacity.
Awesome collection!!
My dad also loves the lionel stuff, but dosent have near that collection.
I had some HO stuff as a kid.

Sooooo... I'm patiently waiting for pictures of a 6.7 MLS head gasket that's cooked between 4 & 5, or more likely 5 & 6......:D:doh:

Maybe someone has already posted this. But if not, here ya go.

https://www.amazon.com/Block-Tester...t=&hvlocphy=9027837&hvtargid=pla-570352767565

Use that kit after it starts the bubbling routine.

Also, I know you mentioned earlier in this thread removing the EGR cooler coolant bypass hose. I recommend you keep that setup in place to help maintain cooling for the head gasket.
That better be a link to train parts ???

Jumping in. I put this together in January while my nieces played with my Legos. I created an order to get more parts from WeBrick to make it more accurate and lost interest because I couldn't get more train wheels. Based on Alco S3 engines I grew up watching bump coal cars, but looks more like a Baldwin.
c2de717d806753ddfc002c43370a2a4b.jpg
1a23c3544b273244835ff98bceabbc22.jpg
79cb026e05764a7162623452f67715a2.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Holy shit Jory! Man my inner kid just did a backflip. That is impressive.

Wow, this thread went to shit.......

Got the head off and inspected gasket to find some fretting on the head side between #5 and #6. Seemed to be sealing well on the block side from what I can tell.....the pic is of the cylinder head side.
Got to wait for re-manned cylinder head to get here and put it back together then fingers crossed its fixed.

One other thing I noticed was the #6 injector push tube had a lot of black, what looked like chewed up O-ring but the o-ring was intact. It almost looked like carbon but from where? Should I replace this push tube??

Thanks guys ?

Let's try not to hijack the thread again in the meantime ?

Attachments

• 20230501_195900.jpg
    20230501_195900.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230501_200012.jpg
    20230501_200012.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230501_200237.jpg
    20230501_200237.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 0
Those head gaskets usually burn the metal of the inner sheet between the top and bottom layers. Pay close attention to the area between cylinders.

I recommend new supply tubes. Oem ones. Sledge can help you get them

My son actually cracked the #4 injector plastic isolator between the 2 wire posts when he broke the 8mm nuts loose, is that critical or should I not worry about it and just get new tubes and run same injectors? Thinking just some remanned stock ones since we have it apart and no idea the actual condition of current injectors.....

Fire ring on 6 is covered in carbon.
Check bolt length on your head bolts.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

The "residue" on that #6 crossover tube is telling us something. I'm just not fluent in CRese....

Last edited:
Back