Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Chris, The tires are 28in tall. 11.50 wide in the front, 14.50 wide in the rear. I am going to need some rpm's that's for sure.

Mink, this pump acts 15 times better and smoother than the cds pump, but I definitely don't want to put any more money into it without going to a 13mm.

Danny and Hobie, Tim built the valvebody and the convertor is from phil at around 2800ish stall.

You need taller rubber....

Don't let my CDS get away without talking to me...if it's for sale I wanna know about it;)
Chris

Also, does anyone know if a gasser tach is plug and play? I put one in and hooked everything up right and nothing works and all the warning lights are on.

Also, does anyone know if a gasser tach is plug and play? I put one in and hooked everything up right and nothing works and all the warning lights are on.

You mean the dash swap?

When I did mine on my 99, it swaped out and woked fine....Think it was a 97 or 98 Gas dash. But yes all the warning lights were on, not much getting around that with a P Pump swap!

What rpm does it go to? Are the v10 and v8 tachs the same?

Absolutely nothing works. It is out of a 97 3/4 ton gasser. No speed, rpm, volts, oil, water.

Absolutely nothing works. It is out of a 97 3/4 ton gasser. No speed, rpm, volts, oil, water.

I think you need the same era cluster. IE 94-97 Gas/Diesel and 98-02 when I did the swap in my 97 it was a drop in deal no issues. I know Rodney Centers "Rods" did one in his old 01 puller.

You did?:lolly: Working the pump issues out...Truck should run Friday night.

Truck is running, idleing smoothly, reving 5k with no hick ups or flame out the stack....Will be at edgewater testing Friday.

Drinks on me saturday night if this b!tch dips in the 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *nx*:Cheer::poke:

Well bj said it isn't completely perfect yet so I don't know if the problem is in the pump or the dpc. He said when it idles around 1100 it will drop into gear fine but when it set around 700 like it is supossed to be, you ever so slightly have to keep your foot on the pedal to keep it from stalling. Timing is up around 28*. New turbo sounds good, I don't think it will be a pain to light. Still no workie on the tach so we can't see the 6k it is spinning:hehe:

Sounds like the governor springs still need some tuning...although, I don't know why you want it to idle at 700? Idle should be 750-850 in gear.

Chris

Back