junker drag truck, or 2wd play toys who's got one?

9712valve

Turtle Racer
heres a local truck im considering, I had a 96 2wd reg cab that I was going to build but had to sell it so i could build the tranny in my 4x4. heres the ad. they are asking 1500 for it. Im going to look at it sunday hopefully.

Blue and Silver 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins turbo diesel for sale. 260,000 miles. Is in running condition however the transmission will need to be replaced soon. It can not get much above 55 on the highway as it is running now. Some minor rusting especially on the bumper and dent in the bumper.

no pics, its actually 4wd, just got another email from the lady, probably not gonna look at it now. Theres alot of them on the craigslist around here. just called about a 98 24 valve 2wd 3500 for $2000, i already have a p-pump to put in it, so alot of options.

Last edited:
:bang Ryan...........:hehe::hehe:

Need 2wd truck to race, can't be having my truck down all the time, even though there is usually a truck for me to use, lately its been a shiiit show, turbo siezed on my dads truck so i've been using my dads 04 mitsu fuso with a 14' dump body on it....a little excessive, so a play truck is needed or the playing will have to stop for a little, I just shipped my injectors out today, and turbo will be leaving next week, so my truck is detuned!

Last edited:
i miss my little short bed beater. wish i never sold it now. but i need a practical truck not 2 toys

:doh: maybe sending you text message updates is not such a good idea........

:badidea:

heres a local truck im considering,

Blue and Silver 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins turbo diesel for sale. 260,000 miles. Is in running condition however the transmission will need to be replaced soon. It can not get much above 55 on the highway as it is running now. Some minor rusting especially on the bumper and dent in the bumper.

It might be worth it to just swing by and check it out- who knows might be a diamond in the rough that you can polish up and flip for a profit....

just sayin......$.02

:doh: maybe sending you text message updates is not such a good idea........

:badidea:

no it is, I missed driving that truck and beating on 5.0 mustangs right after I got out of the truck and handed you the key.

It might be worth it to just swing by and check it out- who knows might be a diamond in the rough that you can polish up and flip for a profit....

just sayin......$.02

yah maybe....I guess i'll take a look at it and see what kinda shape its in on sunday.

I have a (I mean building a) 2wd pay toy ....but it's not gonna be a street toy:D:D

Maybe a little though...depends on if the local deputies like the hood stacks or not....yes I said stackS :evil :evil

Chris

I have a (I mean building a) 2wd pay toy ....but it's not gonna be a street toy:D:D

Maybe a little though...depends on if the local deputies like the hood stacks or not....yes I said stackS :evil :evil

Chris

sounds nice, how far along are you with it, and do you have some pictures of where you started and where it is today?

Here's my cruiser:

3327765706_4a0dded3f8.jpg

4731993486_a064c3d466.jpg

no ac (regrettable mod), no radio (factory died), no problem

My dually is the 2wd play toy. Its pretty tame by this site's standards, but it does the trick. Not much of a racer, 5 spd hurts it a bit. But it will be a nice summer cruiser once it gets bagged and made a bit prettier.

I picked up a short bed 89 to play with, got sick of my 4x4 dd being worked on all the time.

I can't wait till i finish my reg cab. Low and fast... just gotta watch for potholes.

sounds nice, how far along are you with it, and do you have some pictures of where you started and where it is today?

Cage is in, engine is in, chargers are being plumbed...13mm pump is ready to go in. Pile of parts waiting in my office at work:D

Backhalf/4 link in progress...having trouble finding someone to make us parts heavy enough that we feel they're safe.

Safety is my concern, along with going fast:D

I'll dig up some pics of when I started it!
Chris

Go with Suicide Doors bars and ends. You will not be sorry you did. You can have them build it to your specs as well.

Back