junker drag truck, or 2wd play toys who's got one?

I have a hx55 im going to try,
Traction issue solver version 1.0, I left enough room to pull the c clips. I imagine a couple axles will end up breaking.
Its a 9.25
9db8ac0d.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few pictures of my 2WD project. Last winter I pulled the head and had it o'ringed. While it was off, I replaced the pistons, balanced the rods, and put in some 14mm main studs. I did that in frame, in my driveway under an Easy-up. LOL

sources400mount002.jpg

NHRDA2010008.jpg

NHRDA2010030.jpg

IMG_40411.jpg

It's a fun project. Hopefully I can make some big improvements over this winter. :evil

looks very nice, can you share the details of your setup. that looks like a 33" tire which seems like a lot of tire for 2wd truck, you have a single or twins?

Yeah, the tires are a little tall for 3.55's but the price was right at the time. The truck has 64-s480 twins. I just got the pump back from being benched, it's a 180 pump with 5k's and the ususal tweaks in it. I won't have a chance to run it again till next year, but with the old set up it put down an even 700hp, and 11.64 in the quarter.

Yeah, the tires are a little tall for 3.55's but the price was right at the time. The truck has 64-s480 twins. I just got the pump back from being benched, it's a 180 pump with 5k's and the ususal tweaks in it. I won't have a chance to run it again till next year, but with the old set up it put down an even 700hp, and 11.64 in the quarter.

nice what injectors?

so I actually did a small burnout with my truck today, and it actually does have a limited slip and it works, probably needs the fluid changed and some limited slip additive pretty bad.

before
001-1.jpg

after a little painting....
001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

and I traded my rear bumper for a roll pan...
006-3.jpg

im trading my tires for a new cowl hood, and I traded the cab and frame from my 97 I parted out for the rockers and cab corners to be fixed, and the same guy is helping me make the truck a short bed, also going build some traction bars in about a month....can't wait.

Last edited:
looks like you need some traction with that mph thu the 1/4. Or is that turbo just taking half the track to spool?

if you feather it, your 60' times will suffer rather than spinning a little.

Also, try adding some weight in the bed, like a Gooseneck Hitch, Tire, Tailgate...

or just do like i did....fill the gate and rear bumper with lead

still had to do suspension work to make it hook even slicked down but i think it helped A LOT

wonder how many trucks at the feb race are gonna be half full of lead?

:)

I'm just mono leafing with firestone air bags and trac-bars triangulated a couple inches in front of the center of gravity

The
Looks like it has plenty of power to run 12's with that trap speed!

How much boost is it making in 4th/OD?

Idk it only has a 50 psi boost gauge and that is hitting the internal stopper I think I bent the needle lol

Back