junker drag truck, or 2wd play toys who's got one?

I did manage a 13.5 I'm running out of to above 2800 rpm but the air dog will be here soon

truck

showMessage
[/IMG]

I don't have any pictures of my project now or my project after but my project now is my 01 qcsb 4x4.. in the middle of a hx35/40 hybrid turbo swap, paint, leveling kit, and a bunch of other little goodies and i'm going to twin it this spring (hopefully). My next project is a 97 2wd reg short bed 4cyl 5spd ford ranger.... Thats getting forged pistons, forged rods, studs, and a hx35!! Going to be my 300+hp summer truck!! lol Should be fun!!! haha

My Junker is finally in the 12's. It takes so much more traction to hook up with 500HP, it's amazing.

My Junker is finally in the 12's. It takes so much more traction to hook up with 500HP, it's amazing.

any special tires to run 12's in a 2wd or you still on worn out at's or whatever came on your truck.

heres an update on my truck, It now has a 4kgsk,22.5* kdp tabbed, ddp's 024's are in, just buttoned up a set of 7x12's from lee at contagious diesel. truck runs good now, even though I still have yet to touch the fuel plate or afc, but when I do I have tst 4 plate or a 0 plate to go in, along with a mack rack plug and new ofv. but im not sure the stock converter will hold this, so I called up phil taylor and have one of his reman billet single disks, a laminated suncoast flex plate, and my garmon street/strip vbody should be here tuesday. I should also be getting a billet input shaft from dpc and heavy duty rebuild kit, so I can put the power to the ground. I'm also thinking I might need more air then a factory hx35 can put out so I have an s475 with all the necessary piping and lines for twins to go on as soon as the tranny is done. And because this truck is on dd duty until april when the track opens I have a limited slip rear axle that is tight to go in when the body work gets done, along with a set of 1 piece black headlights. I can't wait for the spring! with all the parts going on this thing so fast, im not sure Im gonna hit 14's ever. Its probably gonna sit around 500hp by the time it finally see's the track or dyno.

any special tires to run 12's in a 2wd or you still on worn out at's or whatever came on your truck.

I was running 27x10 road race slicks at 20 psi mounted on 15"x10" steel wheels. My best 60' time is still not quicker than 2.0 and when the turbo fully spools and the converter locks in 3rd gear, it fights for traction and would get squirrely at times.

I need to drop the valve body and make a few adjustments to some of the springs because I have to manually shift it and when I'm in manual 2nd gear, I cannot lock the torque converter. The DPC single still puts a bunch of power to pavement without lock-up, enough to spin violently in 1st and 2nd gear but you still can't beat 100% lock-up when there's enough traction to hook.

I played around a little with street tires, just some aired down 245's, and there's no way to get enough traction to run full power till at least 70 MPH in overdrive.

7.48@91mph. single 66,180hp pump,370's all fuel. 31x10.5x15 on steel 15x10 white wagon wheels.

Attachments

• IMG951725.jpg
    IMG951725.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
what is done to your trucks suspension wise? Iknow my trucks way heavier since its a dually ext cab but im just curious. i have a few ideas already but right now im cutin 2.0 60s but im not sure how its gonna handle it the with the next round of upgrades

what is done to your trucks suspension wise? Iknow my trucks way heavier since its a dually ext cab but im just curious. i have a few ideas already but right now im cutin 2.0 60s but im not sure how its gonna handle it the with the next round of upgrades

i droped 1 leaf and made some bama-tracs. best to date 60ft 1.63 60ft

Back