Just got done straight piping a 6.4L

This might be the ultimate dumb question, but why not just switch fuel to LPG? You won't get any smoke from that... period.

Also, can we all get together and tell the epa to go piss on an electric fence? Air coming out is cleaner than the air coming in?? I think they've spent too much time in the lab with the fan off...

Kleetus said:
This might be the ultimate dumb question, but why not just switch fuel to LPG? You won't get any smoke from that... period.

Also, can we all get together and tell the epa to go piss on an electric fence? Air coming out is cleaner than the air coming in?? I think they've spent too much time in the lab with the fan off...

where are you going to fill up with LPG?

Kleetus........ Diesel, only Diesel. That other stuff is a PIA! ........and I have a chance at putting out a Diesel fire.

Worse comes to worse use a 4" cutout that can electronically open and close running to a stack or something. regen kicks in shut the cutoff and you run the exhaust threw the stock PDF system till it has done it's thing and then you are good to go after it is done.

Give summit racing a call they can hook you up.

I think Innovative is going to get it figured out with SCT so it won’t be long.

Another one for Innovative getting it right first - had bad luck with frog tunes- Eh Frog!

Burner said:
Kleetus........ Diesel, only Diesel. That other stuff is a PIA! ........and I have a chance at putting out a Diesel fire.

The hell of it is, LPG isn't that big a deal. A lot of port authority transit units are running it. Yeah right now today it's not widely available, but when you look at the cost per gallon or however you want to measure it, without gov't subsidies, biodiesel is way more expensive than regular diesel, and also LPG. Even with the subsidies, we're still paying for it through other taxes. The obvious answer it to put the EPA back in it's place and say thanks but no thanks... this is supposed to be a Gov't of the people, by the people, not a dictatorship.

And as far as the fire side goes, LPG isn't that much more of a pain to put out, in fact it's probably easier. Unless you have a ruptured tank, in which case either fire will be a pain. I've been chasing this stuff for 13 years now. At least LPG won't run down the street and into the drain on fire!! (that's always fun to watch the public assimilate that scene...)

Lots of folks run it?? Hell, almost everywhere I've been that has an inside forklift runs the stuff. I really don't like the damm stuff. If it does 'burst' into flames.....you're screwed anyways. I said I could put the fire out on Diesel......it's already done with LPG it's just that everything else is on fire. Have you seen what 10lbs of burning LPG does when it ruptures a tank? And yes, it can flood a drain before it igites.

I see where it can be safe but I see the other side too....

IMHO, if I can't smoke around it...... I don't want it.

How hard is it to reprogram the PCM and by reprogram I pretty much mean find all of the emmission stuff and completly delete them from operation.

barry1me said:
any updates guys?

No updates yet....Just sitting around waiting on the SCT to figure out the regen override along with the custom tuning. The truck has just over 10000 miles on it and have been running the SCT extreme tune with no problems! I guess the new time frame is sometime in November on the custum tuning release :rockwoot:

Just as an update. KEM Performance has a tuner that deletes the regeneration part of the program. I have installed the straight pipe and their tuner program and have run almost 3000 miles with no problems and no regenerations.

Just thought you may want to know.

08' 6.4 with AFE filter,magnaflow DPF back and SCT w/extreme. Weird thing,i upgraded the latest Firmware/revision and now i get a check engine light about 5 miles after i clear the codes.Its a DPF code P244A-U0100.Truck should be getting close to a regen anytime.SCT techs want me to call them back if the truck doesnt regen.This is bugging me.It never did this with the old revision/firmware.They also want me to put the truck back to stock and see if the check engine light comes back on.truck makes alot of power though.Should i be worried?

Ok well I know I have a MBRP DPF back Duals, AFE Intake, and SCT Livewire extreme. I've been getting a check engine light after it regens. No code shows in the livewire. I took the SCT out and took it back to the dealer. They told me it was because of the exhaust. I need to take it off , and put the stock exhaust back on.........:umno: They said they can't program it right until I put the stock exhaust back on. They reprogrammed the ECM anyway, and it still shows the check engine light all the time. I told them that the exhaust didn't mess with DPF or the cat, and it is not hurting anything. They just laughed and said whatever you think you wasted the money on it. What a load of BS........:bs:

I wonder if the MAF position has anything to do with it? Have you tried re-installing your stock airbox?

Big A said:
Ok well I know I have a MBRP DPF back Duals, AFE Intake, and SCT Livewire extreme. I've been getting a check engine light after it regens. No code shows in the livewire. I took the SCT out and took it back to the dealer. They told me it was because of the exhaust. I need to take it off , and put the stock exhaust back on.........:umno: They said they can't program it right until I put the stock exhaust back on. They reprogrammed the ECM anyway, and it still shows the check engine light all the time. I told them that the exhaust didn't mess with DPF or the cat, and it is not hurting anything. They just laughed and said whatever you think you wasted the money on it. What a load of BS........:bs:

I would first start with putting the OE intake on and see if the CEL goes away. If not then tickle there fancy and put the OE exhaust back on, then see if the CEL goes away. I will try and find out the correlation from the cold end of the exhaust to the regen cycles....there may be a bit of truth to the aftermarket cold end exhaust. If you have less backpressure then the OE system then the post dpf pressure sensor will show a different reading then it was designed to. Thus throwing a CEL.

Big A,

What is the DTC you are getting with that light? I have had a problem with the SCT causing the transmission to shift funny even after returning to stock. I had to IDS the truck to get things back on track.

As a side note... I am curious why nobody is using a DrewTech CarDAQ 2534 pass-thru to read and/or write the PCM? It works quite nicely, although it's not terribly cheap.

To date I've hit 416 RWHP on a bone stock truck (DPF intact and stock airbox). Of course after 2 or 3 runs the Regen turns on and it takes a couple minutes to clear out but it sure is fun! :D 4WD launches are a hoot! I am afraid what it would do with a gutted DPF and a CAI.

Now to put some giggle gas in there and see what happens!*nx*

Later.

Bill

alaskaneskimo said:
Just as an update. KEM Performance has a tuner that deletes the regeneration part of the program. I have installed the straight pipe and their tuner program and have run almost 3000 miles with no problems and no regenerations.

Just thought you may want to know.

I heard that he had something availible for a pretty penny with only about an 80hp increase. I think I would rather wait for SCT, than spend that kinda jack!

Ellwood

Back