lets see pics of traction bars

Does the mount need to be centered under the axle or can it be slightly forward

Got the email myself about the 15%. good deals with the new web site.

i have a quick question on bars. i just bought a truck that has a nice set of bars on it but the end styles that are on it look like the same type that would be on a 3 point hitch arm but they are beefy.

would i run into problems running these on the streets since there is no real bushing in it? thanks

i have a quick question on bars. i just bought a truck that has a nice set of bars on it but the end styles that are on it look like the same type that would be on a 3 point hitch arm but they are beefy.

would i run into problems running these on the streets since there is no real bushing in it? thanks

Around here a lot of people run the 3 point hitch arms ,the only complaint I have heard from people is they say they rattle when they get a little slop in them . I pearsonally use the Ballistic joints on traction bars and front control arms they are the beefest joint out there .

i made my own bars using 1 1/2 .12o wall d.o.m tubing. weld in hiems from ballisticfabercations.com made brackets and bolted them to the frame. they work awesome on the street i do not get any rattling. will post pics tonight.

heres some fer yall

Attachments

• jp truck.jpg
    jp truck.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • rodend.jpg
    rodend.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • welding bars.jpg
    welding bars.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
  • truk.jpg
    truk.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
26713_130590266972363_100000641721161_218183_3198167_n.jpg

I thought that the traction bars should run the same angle as the drive shaft? I've seen a lot of pics where they aren't even close. Is there any truth to the angle of the bar to the driveshaft?

Last edited:
I thought that the traction bars should run the same angle as the drive shaft? I've seen a lot of pics where they aren't even close. Is there any truth to the angle of the bar to the driveshaft?

As for truck pulling with suspension stops in the rear NO it doesn't matter on the angle. Traction bars for everyday use YES that way you don't bind up the suspension, The bars or the mounts and cause a reason for something to find a weak link. I believe this is correct but now I am not sure. Either way I have done bars both ways for pulling and daily use and have had no issues.

I'm building a set for my truck next weekend. I think I'm gonna go with the A-frame style. Should I use adjustable ballistic joints on all 3 ends, or just on the front and use weld on ballistic joints for the 2 mounted to the axle? Thanks

ok so im wanting to build a set of bars for my truck and im wondering what size heim joints i need. 3/4? im wanting to get by cheap on this build so ima order them off ebay. also i know i need 2 rh thread and 2 lh thread joints but do the bungs also have to be rh and lh thread? also what size tubing do i need so the bungs will fit proper. thanks for any help

ok so im wanting to build a set of bars for my truck and im wondering what size heim joints i need. 3/4? im wanting to get by cheap on this build so ima order them off ebay. also i know i need 2 rh thread and 2 lh thread joints but do the bungs also have to be rh and lh thread? also what size tubing do i need so the bungs will fit proper. thanks for any help

I would use 3/4 at min and I would use a busing on one end. I dont like anything that rotates on both ends because it will cause the bars to chatter going down the rod.

Back