Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

Sledpuller said:
Uh...YES! What took you so long?

Say..wathca doin with thet bumper?

I have a LOT of money into re-enforcing that bumper so I'd be satisfied that it'd hold up for sled pulling.
But, I figured, why put tons of money into a motor if my hitch is hurting me that bad.. That 13" would probably have gotten me the extra foot I needed to take FIRST place in street class on Saturday in Houston..

I will be selling the bumper if anyone is interested!

Should be able to add at least another 200 to the front after dumping that thing... Nice when someone asks to barrow a reciever... No problem.. but its 2 1/2 in....
Bryan

JDGnut said:
Should be able to add at least another 200 to the front after dumping that thing... Nice when someone asks to barrow a reciever... No problem.. but its 2 1/2 in....
Bryan

Good point about the weight, I was thinking the same thing.. Same as for the 2.5" thing, I think I'll redo the hitch itself and make it adjustable, but keep it 2.5".

Here's my new hitch I just got finished installing. Managed to move my hook point foward about 12". Should help out alot being it's a RCLB.

Attachments

• hitch1.jpg
    hitch1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 377
  • hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 192
  • hitch3.jpg
    hitch3.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 95
  • hitch4.jpg
    hitch4.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 182
  • hitch6.jpg
    hitch6.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 187
Loose the tailgate to if you haven't already

Here is what I did with a roll pan:

Ad_201_13.jpg

BBD

BigBadDodge said:
Loose the tailgate to if you haven't already

Here is what I did with a roll pan:

Ad_201_13.jpg

BBD

what are the lights for? i assume its something to do with safety and the track crew...

i think i am gonna order a roll pan this year as well.

The red light came on when I was in gear backing up to the sled, when I took it out of gear the yellow light came on to signal the hooker to proceed with caution :)

BBD

Most of the time the light has to be white. for the backup at all the big tractors and minirod, are.
Dale

BigBadDodge said:
The red light came on when I was in gear backing up to the sled, when I took it out of gear the yellow light came on to signal the hooker to proceed with caution :)

BBD

im glad you took a good step towards safety, i had a few close calls this year...

if any of you guys make hitches, make sure they are safe please, i had 2 different trucks break at the same event one night and one of them almost got me when i was flagging, so if you even think its gonna fail, reinforce it or built it stronger.....no need to skimp on something that could kill someone....

one dually broke a HAISLEY pulling hitch completely in half, and the other guy tore a Class V almost in half......not making any assumptions but one took more abuse than the other, oh and dont use those damn cheap red handled hitch pins from TSC, get something worth a damn.....

Got the re-inforced ranch hand off now. Weighs about 150lbs!

Reese Titan 2.5" receiver on the way!

Can't wait to cut it up, God i love ripping new stuff a part, can't beat the new burning car smell.

BigBadDodge said:

BBD

I may do this as well...how did you get the light to come on in neutral? how is it triggered?

LOGANSTANFORTH said:
oh and dont use those damn cheap red handled hitch pins from TSC, get something worth a damn.....
Where would one find something worth a damn?

anything besides those flimsy pieces of crap, ive seen more than my fair share fail this year......

Back