Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

^Thanks

Shopping for weights right now, anybody use AGCO 150lb weights? Found a supplier on ebay sellin them for $75 each.

Cool 1/4 for the walls is what I had planned on, I might make the bottom a bit thicker though. I can hang about 1500 as it sits right now.

i deff would make the bottom thicker if u put rollers on help geting your box tweaked if u decide to put alot of pressure on them

could you post some pics of under the truck. like how you welded the recievers to the frame? thanks alot!:bow:

I was wondering the same thing, looks like the receivers were welded to the inside of the frame since the tow hooks I'm pretty sure run right beneath the frame.

Speaking of tow hooks, anyone not need/want theirs?

-Dustin-

They were actually welded to the tow hook brackets due to time constraints, after removing the tow hooks of course. Each bracket is held on by 3 bolts IIRC to the frame rail (much like that of a snow plow mount), and is approximately 1/4" thick. So far so good(knock on wood), but eventually I'd like to move the receivers to the actual frame rails.

12in receivers huh? Looks like the 18's would be too long...

Thanks for the info and pictures by the way.

-Dustin-

12in receivers huh? Looks like the 18's would be too long...

Thanks for the info and pictures by the way.

-Dustin-

Yep, 12" receivers welded the length of the tow hook bracket/front. I would say there is probably around a 1/4" clearance from the back of the receiver to the bend in the frame rail with approximately 4"-5" of receiver sticking out the front. I can get more pictures from up under the front if anyone really wants to see, but the cold has calmed any ambitions of me playing photographer.

I will say it has held a little over 500 lbs hanging from it down the track(as well as 200 lbs jumping up and down on the whole bracket), but the 1/4" angle iron tends to deflect some when the all the weight is applied. I wouldn't mind cutting that portion off and placing two 1/4" flat iron plates in it's place.

Here's mine for now, it will turned into a weight box this spring. I hung 1400lbs on it and the angle across the front started to deflect a little. I love the way it is, but tractor weights cost way too much money when I can get all the scrap I need.

CIMG0051.jpg

CIMG0177-2.jpg

Here's one that I am just finishing up. Can hang 1200lbs of IH weights on it.

Attachments

• 100_1663.JPG
    100_1663.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1664.JPG
    100_1664.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
Question for the guys using concrete blocks...what would be the dimensions needed to make 50 pounders?

Heres mine I fabbed up this week for this weekends pull, it turned out a lot nicer than I planned. Pulled bumper off and mounted it to frame with 5 1/2" bolts on each side and it slides inside the frame. Put the front piece on a slight angle and and added a piece of rebar on the top so the john deere weights hook and fit nicely and international weights fit on the sides. Puts the john deere weights just under 60" from centerline of front axle. I'm thinkin I'll cut slots in the new bumper I'm building for this to slide through and bolt to the frame, the bumper would make it stronger also.
pulls048.jpg

Held 1300 lbs with no problems at all
pulls047.jpg

pulls027.jpg

Does anyone have pics of a weight box set up with a water to air reservoir and maybe pump in it? I'm looking for some ideas, maybe a big pocket for weights and a water tight pocket for the ice water? thanks in advance.

Back