Looking for some help with my setup

Burningtire

So basically im just looking for some help with my setup and how to make it better. Truck is a 94 Dodge Ram 2500 RCLB 12 valve, Automatic trans. Its a strictly puller. WS/2.5 puller. I feel as if i should be doing better than i am so far this year. Heres a list of whats done to it

o-ring head
Headstuds
3pc manifold
5x16s
timing is set at 24
pump is a 160, laser cuts, no fuel plate, 4gsk
Airdog II 200gph with sump
Stock appearing 2.5 turbo
Peak intercooler boots
60lb springs
Fully buillt 47rh with 241DHD behind it
D60 front, D80 Rear 4.10s
Lockers front and rear
Custom rear driveshaft with Solid spicer 1480 u-joints
Front driveshaft has solid spicers also
Hitch has been moved in, also has a hitch support built in
Traction bars
Adjustable bump stops
Running 33x12.5x16 STS

I think that about sums it up whats been done to it. Im making about 3000-3200rpm going down the track and about 45lbs of boost. I run it in Drive with OD off and lock the converter when it hits 2nd gear.

i got a video from my truck at D&W Diesel day in Auburn, NY a month ago. Its through Facebook so im not sure if you guys will be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151563680148542&set=vb.695683541&type=3&theater

Just let me know what you guys think i could do to make my truck better with dropping thousands of dollars into right now. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I figured it wasn't going to. I'll have my buddy upload it to YouTube for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Looked like a good hook to me considering how bad the track was.

Yeah track was horrible. Rained for a hour straight then they fixed it. Still better than not pulling though. I ran 3.55s last year and i feel like my truck was stronger last year. Think the 4.10s are hurting me.

Yeah track was horrible. Rained for a hour straight then they fixed it. Still better than not pulling though. I ran 3.55s last year and i feel like my truck was stronger last year. Think the 4.10s are hurting me.

Looked like it had a nice hump in it too. :bang

How many hooks have you had? Are you running 3rd locked up?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ive been pulling for a few years and gradually building the truck. ive probably had 6 hooks this year so far. Yes i run 3rd locked.

Ive been pulling for a few years and gradually building the truck. ive probably had 6 hooks this year so far. Yes i run 3rd locked.

Any videos on a good track. I was at dw pull. I didn't even unload my truck ha

So far this year I've either had truck problems or ****ty tracks. I'm going to a pull Saturday and I guess from what people say its a good track. So hopefully I'll get a video.

In the end I think wheel speed and RPM is your ultimate goal to higher mph down the track, I would say 4:88's would be the biggest help.

In the end I think wheel speed and RPM is your ultimate goal to higher mph down the track, I would say 4:88's would be the biggest help.

Yes more wheel speed and rpm is my goal! But from all my reading showed that 4.10s would work best in a auto. And 4.88s would work best in a manual.

Yes more wheel speed and rpm is my goal! But from all my reading showed that 4.10s would work best in a auto. And 4.88s would work best in a manual.

With the Turbo you are running rpm isn't as important. As long as you are keeping your wheel speed at the end of the track it doesn't matter as much.

I'll try to get a clearer video this weekend. But I don't have much wheel speed at all.

It's hard to judge wheel speed from a video. You gotta go off rpm and a gear chart to see what you're holding for wheel speed at the end of the track.

Guess I need to find a gear chart for a 47rh.

Back