Looking for some help with my setup

No not cobleskill. There not running a ws class. And I looked but didn't find one a gear chart. Everyone but the 47rh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think you need a good track and a good pass on the truck to make a determination.

On a side note, did they pull semis at the D&W pull?

Well from what people say Saturdays pull I'm going to is a good track. Only problem is the guy who runs the sled likes to weight it up quite a bit so you only go 60-120ft. And no they didn't. In my eyes I think I'm not getting enough rpms or wheel speed.

The gear chart for a 48re should work. If you run 3rd in low you're at 1:1, so it doesn't matter which trans you pic as long as you look at the direct drive. By stock appearing 2.5 do you mean that its a hx35 based turbo?

I wouldn't think so. Last year when I had 3.55s I ran 2nd locked. Third feels good. Guess I just need a cam to get some more rpms.

I wouldn't think so. Last year when I had 3.55s I ran 2nd locked. Third feels good. Guess I just need a cam to get some more rpms.

I think you hit the nail on the head figuring out what RPMs your gonna make max HP and choosing a cam and gears to match. Last year I was running a built 47re and ran second gear locked with 4:10's and 33's. It ran good till I tried increasing exhaust housing size. My findings were 2nd was too low and 3rd was too high.

5k springs, a bigger injector, and at least 50 psi of fuel pressure would help a lot ... or start looking for a good 180 pump.

Is your current p pump dual fed? with your p pump fuel pressure is a big factor when trying to turn rpm

Well from what people say Saturdays pull I'm going to is a good track. Only problem is the guy who runs the sled likes to weight it up quite a bit so you only go 60-120ft. And no they didn't. In my eyes I think I'm not getting enough rpms or wheel speed.

If this is the case its not going to help you or us either because he is going to be hitting you with the weight before you even get the wheel speed up. Maybe look into somewhere else for Saturday and get a run with some wheel speed.

5k springs, a bigger injector, and at least 50 psi of fuel pressure would help a lot ... or start looking for a good 180 pump.

Is your current p pump dual fed? with your p pump fuel pressure is a big factor when trying to turn rpm

So if i have 4ks now and im not even getting to 4k rpm whats the point of 5ks? Just curious. Also last time i checked im running about 50-55lbs of fuel pressure. I thought about maybe sending my pump out to get it built up more. And no it is not dual feed. Maybe ill throw my fuel psi gauge on again just for heck of it.

If this is the case its not going to help you or us either because he is going to be hitting you with the weight before you even get the wheel speed up. Maybe look into somewhere else for Saturday and get a run with some wheel speed.

Well last year i had some good runs with him and just the past couple pulls he weighed it up. So hope fully he wont.

So if i have 4ks now and im not even getting to 4k rpm whats the point of 5ks?

This is what makes me think 3rd gear is too high. I've only ever pulled a standard but I tried 4th gear low range once and I didn't see much over 2800 on my VP truck that would turn 3200 in 3rd gear low range. In 3rd gear low range I ran out if RPMs at about 150 feet. 3rd gear was to low and 4th gear was to high. So I'd pull there, always pulled better there.

Yes always pulled better in 3rd gear low range. I'd carry good wheel speed and always spin out at the end in 3rd gear low range.

In 4th gear low range once the clutch was out my rpms would drop off, pick back up but not get near 3200 rpms. And just about stall out at the end of the track.

Well pulled the truck yesterday, truck ran the best it has all year. Had good wheel speed from what people say. But being a idiot i forgot to watch my gauges and see what i was running for rpms. Got a 4th in 7000lb diesel and 6th in 8000lb diesel. Also left my tires aired up alot more than usually. Only video i have right now is from my gopro.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxr0vEGp48&feature=share&list=UU6-lBdgwY7w4yfO1grkZreA"]Black Magic at Portland truck pull - YouTube[/ame]

So if i have 4ks now and im not even getting to 4k rpm whats the point of 5ks? Just curious. Also last time i checked im running about 50-55lbs of fuel pressure. I thought about maybe sending my pump out to get it built up more. And no it is not dual feed. Maybe ill throw my fuel psi gauge on again just for heck of it.

5ks fuel harder through out the entire rpm range not just above 4k. Think of it this way with your 4k's you have now the closer you get to 4k the more fuel the gov is going to pull. With 5k's you will have full fueling till 4500 rpm ish depending on how tight you set them.

The pump cam you have in the 160 pump is not good at all for trying to turn big rpm which is why fuel pressure and a good dual feed set up is needed for that pump.

Yeah that makes sence. I have another pump that I'm gonna send out soon to get some work done to it. I just thought I was getting as much as I can with the cam in my motor.

What gear and tire pressure did you run this time? What do you usually run for tire pressure?

3rd gear locked. And 15 in the front and 30 in the rear. Usually run like 12 in the front and 18-20psi in the rear.

I wouldn't worry about a cam yet. Focus on getting that rpm up more. Most guys in my area run 4.56 and 33's or 4.88 and 35's. Both seem to work well

Back