madmikeismad

So mad
Current setup:
Benched 180 - 500cc+
5x.016s
Afc has governor spring from 180 pump
FP is 35-40psi @ WOT
467/83/.91

For some reason, im able to clean up almost completely. Normally that's a good thing, except I know this charger shouldn't be able to do it.

Could the afc spring be the issue? Im thinking it might be binding or not allowing full travel. I wish I had a video, but I don't, as no one ever records for me LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I know when i put a 180 governor spring in my afc it took alot of air to budge it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What's your boost?

>60 depends on how hard I get into it.

I know when i put a 180 governor spring in my afc it took alot of air to budge it

That's what I like about it, I just need to make sure that's not what's killing my fuel up top.

Did you pull the afc arm to test it yet??

Doing it tomorrow. I just want more ideas.

>60 depends on how hard I get into it.

That's what I like about it, I just need to make sure that's not what's killing my fuel up top.

Doing it tomorrow. I just want more ideas.

Do that first and go from there

Do that first and go from there

I am, but I want more things to check while I have the ambition to do it lol.

What are others running for afc springs? I just want one that will allow full travel. If I have to go back to stock I will LOL

Sounds like afc to me. I'd pull it and test it.

You are just cold man... Lose the tude lol

LOL Cold is right. It's rainy and miserable here. I was gonna work on the beetle, but no way in hell I'm crawling under that low as car with out jack stands, pissed off already about the rain.

If the rain stops, I'm going to go pull the AFC apart.

Pull the afc arm and gradually give it fuel until you are wot (so you don't flood out the charger). If that does not produce wot smoke and a chit ton of it you have a problem somewhere with the linkage, pump or those injectors are not what they appear (which is doubtful).

LOL Cold is right. It's rainy and miserable here. I was gonna work on the beetle, but no way in hell I'm crawling under that low as car with out jack stands, pissed off already about the rain.

If the rain stops, I'm going to go pull the AFC apart.

It's miserable here too man. I need something to do... Think I might go do a little wrenching in the nice shop... :poke:

Pull the afc arm and gradually give it fuel until you are wot (so you don't flood out the charger). If that does not produce wot smoke and a chit ton of it you have a problem somewhere with the linkage, pump or those injectors are not what they appear (which is doubtful).

Thats the plan, I just need to find a nice open stretch of back road to do it on so I don't fog out the entire city.someone who's

It's miserable here too man. I need something to do... Think I might go do a little wrenching in the nice shop... :poke:

Good luck with that. Can those plastic toys'r'us wrenches actually do anything?

EDIT: LOL LOL LOL LOL I just imagined someone trying to break a nut loose with one of those.

Good luck with that. Can those plastic toys'r'us wrenches actually do anything?

EDIT: LOL LOL LOL LOL I just imagined someone trying to break a nut loose with one of those.

Lol I missed this earlier. Your ate up lol

any luck finding the leak? I found mine today, had no suspects, then had an idea, wrapped paper towel around fittings and zip tied. went out for a romp, wet paper towel = proof of a leaker.

any luck finding the leak? I found mine today, had no suspects, then had an idea, wrapped paper towel around fittings and zip tied. went out for a romp, wet paper towel = proof of a leaker.

Nope, rain killed all my ambition today. I hate laying in a wet driveway, and I didn't feel like unhitching the truck.

Back