Losing fuel somewhere

Laying in the driveway for the afc?

Your doin it wrong Mike...

LMAO for the beetle, I'm still hunting down the no boost issue on it. I think I've got it narrowed down to the actuator is stuck, or an N75 failure/vacuum leak.

That got me pissed, and I couldn't get the car off the ground and safely secured enough for me to crawl under it, so I got more pissed, and then I said f the truck.

F'n low cars.

Sorry for off topic....but how do you like that 467? thinking about trying one out soon.

Your afc spring is WAY too tight. Gov springs in my opinion are only good for twin turbo trucks, I tried a 160 and a 215 and I was never able to get full fuel, maxed out at 45psi boost also.

I'm running a stretched stock spring, it brings the fuel on too early as it is right now but it hasn't given me much problem.

I'm running a stretched stock spring, it brings the fuel on too early as it is right now but it hasn't given me much problem.

Im gonna throw the stocker back in, and see if that at least brings on full fuel. If it does, then ill find a stiffer spring of the proper length.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

No bueno?

u6y5a9ag.jpg

Sooooo, I need a diaphragm asap. Can you just buy those? (hint hint Mr Mumau :) )

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I made the old diaphragm work for now, but it won't last long, so I need one asap.

I think I messed up something too, I had to put the AFC all the way forward, and actually had to turn the pre-boost screw in, just to get it started. Before I had it positioned halfway, and the screw not even touching. Barely getting a light haze off idle, until it spools, where before it would cloud out a street if i wanted. I don't see how I could have put it back together wrong, but next time I have it off, I guess we'll see.

Also, what would make the shutoff solenoid not pull up, but if you push it up manually it stays up on it's own, and holds perfect. Gets HOT as PHUCK also.

Fuel shutoff has two hot wires. Both hot at the same time to pull it up while you crank, then one stays on to keep it up after you stop cranking.

One is straight to the battery mike to a relay right over the pump. That's the pull up then one of the others is the hold up. Make sure you didn't some how snag it or something leanin over it.

The shut off may be mis aligned somehow but kind of hard to do given it is held by two driver side afc bolts (if the shut off bracket is un-molested). Make sure to check the cotter pin which holds the shut off pin to the solenoid eye. It can hit the throttle linkage on the way up of hit fuel feed line into the injection pump depending on how it is run.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but it starting working on its own LOL

Also finally got over to Jim's, and we swapped diaphragms, AFC spring, and his AFC mods, so I now have full fuel again.

Still can't get the low end smoke out. Right now I have AFC full forward, with no preboost screw, truck is hard to start, and I can't feather the throttle at all. If I add pre-boost to help, then it starts fine but is even smokier. I think I'm just gonna have to live with it.

You don't have to live with anything. Get rid of that goofy (for your application) governor spring setup for a light tst spring with a boost elbow feeding the afc and dial in as much rate as you like with the simple turn of the allen screw in the elbow.

You don't have to live with anything. Get rid of that goofy (for your application) governor spring setup for a light tst spring with a boost elbow feeding the afc and dial in as much rate as you like with the simple turn of the allen screw in the elbow.

But that would still be smoky down low, unless I moved the AFC back, and then I wouldn't be able to start the truck. If I can get the AFC to the perfect spot to get the truck started like normal, then she'd be really smoky. Thats my predicament. I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough on the computer, but if you saw it you'd see what I'm trying to say LOL

And I'm not a fan of the regulator idea yet. How fast does the air bleed back out of the AFC with the boost elbow? My fear is that when I feather it, it would build boost, fill the AFC, and then I let off the throttle, and the air doesn't bleed out fast enough, so when I throttle it again it overfuels. Or am I way to paranoid and wrong, and it bleeds out faster than I think?

Back