Lowered 4x4 1st gen???

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
Has anyone lowered there 4x4? I've got a leveling spring kit on mine (6 leafs) I'm planing on taking 3 of them out which will drop it 2 inches roughly, and then get a 3 inch shorter block for the rear to make it set nice and level but I'd like to go lower, the back is no problem, any ideas for the front?

Thought about it and I could possibly make the front bracket shorter but the rear is about as short as you can get and I'm affraid making just the front bracket shorter would change the pinion angle

I'm not sure the gain would be worth all that, I'd have to make a new bracket and get less then a half inch benifit

Yea I think 2 inches is pretty much all I get untill I can aford to 4 link the front

I looked inot this before. One thing to keep in mind, is oil pan to axle clearance.

Good point stutter1stgen and dvst8r never thought of that only problem I foresee with that is there's no flat spot on the bottom of the axel tube but a perch could be welded in place

Flip the front leafs upside down. But might be to low and cause oil pan issues. Factory bum

Went ahead and lowered it like I had planed, looks much better didnt get to drive it yet thanks to another broken flex plate but looks much nicer, might try to go lower when I swap to my new frame

I can't remember what the first gen front springs look like.

Have you looked at the springs from an early/mid 90s f250 or 350 ford? Pretty *****in de-arch on them.

I kind of like the spring under idea.

What did the heavy wagoneers and jeep trucks run for axles? Scouts were spring under.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Back