Lowered 4x4 1st gen???

This is awesome scat, I've really wanted to 4 link mine, I'm assuming you made the brackets for the front coil mounts, the ones that weld to the axle?

Forgot all about replying but they were bought. Had them cut in half, made a jig to have them bored for the axle housing.

I went real low on the new body, if I can get the pictures to upload ill post a few of what I've done so far, scat you inspired me to go lower lol

View attachment 47127. Two pics I took of it a few weeks ago the day I got it done

My old 91.5s suspension was so sacked out it rode just about this low without and work to get it there. Amazing what nearly 300k miles and bush roads and beating will do to a suspension. I have no idea how my frame isn't cracked or something from the lack of suspension travel.

I'm not a fan of the lowered look but yours looks good :Cheer:

How much clearance do you have fender to tire when turning? From the pics it doesn't look possible to steer it much without getting into the fenders with those wide tires.....Looks good though.

Michael

How much clearance do you have fender to tire when turning? From the pics it doesn't look possible to steer it much without getting into the fenders with those wide tires.....Looks good though.

Michael

Oh no they would never turn, ESP when the engine and what not goes in and brings the front down another 2 inches, I'm doing so fab work on the fenders, ill explain and post pics when the time comes, and thanks

Oh no they would never turn, ESP when the engine and what not goes in and brings the front down another 2 inches, I'm doing so fab work on the fenders, ill explain and post pics when the time comes, and thanks

That's what I figured but couldn't tell from the pics. I've put enough sets of wider tires on 72-93 Dodge pickups to know they rub without some lift, or cutting fenderwells, and sometimes both.

Thanks
Michael

That's what I figured but couldn't tell from the pics. I've put enough sets of wider tires on 72-93 Dodge pickups to know they rub without some lift, or cutting fenderwells, and sometimes both.

Thanks
Michael

Yup they will require some fab work lol I'm sure scats will too

Scat do you think I will need to notch my engine crossmember like you did or will I get by, the only known measurement I have to guess with, is there will be between 4 and 4 1/2 inches between bottom of the wheel flare and top of my 33s

Scat do you think I will need to notch my engine crossmember like you did or will I get by, the only known measurement I have to guess with, is there will be between 4 and 4 1/2 inches between bottom of the wheel flare and top of my 33s

The only reason i notched my crossmember was the clear the track Bar. I would recommend notching the axle housing to gain clearance from axle to oil pan. Ill be putting my heap back together fairly soon then i can get a few pictures up for you.

Back