Lowered my 2nd Gen Reg Cab 4x4

Slim

Breakin Crap
We have been working on it for a little over a week on and off in the evenings. When I bought the truck it had a 3" body lift, 2" leveling springs in the front. I decided i wanted to lower it about 2 weeks ago and After a little research i decided to remove the body lift, the factory 4.5" block from the rear, put half ton springs and a 1" spacer up front and it turned out pretty good I think. I had a lot of help from a few buddys. I am still wanting to get some 20x10 or 20x9.5 wheels as my 12 wides stick out to far. So if anyone has any 10 or 9 wide they would trade pm me. Im also taking it in to get the cab lights removed and the roof repainted and throwing a roll pan on and the black modling off the doors.

BEFORE:

0807092015-2.jpg

AFTER:

lowered2.jpg

lowered1.jpg

Can you take pics of the clearance underneath? How far from frame to axle, or bump stop to axle..

its prob around 2" or so from the bumpstop its pretty close but i have good shocks so it rides pretty good i havent felf it bottom out yet hahaha

Looks great, you did an excellent job. I recently did the same thing, I had a 5" lift and lowered it with 2500 hemi springs in the front and swapped the factory blocks for an 1.75" block. I finished it off with 22x10 wheels and toyo proxes. I have about an 1.5 to 1.75 to the bumpstops. Once again good job your truck looks mean!!!

I never cared much for the "lowered" thing. But this looks AWESOME!! Great job!!

what happened with the wheels and tires that are on it in the first pic?

Looks great, you did an excellent job. I recently did the same thing, I had a 5" lift and lowered it with 2500 hemi springs in the front and swapped the factory blocks for an 1.75" block. I finished it off with 22x10 wheels and toyo proxes. I have about an 1.5 to 1.75 to the bumpstops. Once again good job your truck looks mean!!!

have any pics of your truck? How does it handle with those hemi springs?

What size are those tires on the wheels? i have some 16x10 black Mickey Thompson's. not sure that the lug pattern is the same as my furd, but i may be willing to trade + cash to u.

I sold the welds that were on it when i got it, but thanks guys for all the input. And blownsmokestk im lookin to stasy with at least 20's or maybe even 22's but thanks for the offer

no prob man, i figured as much... i would regret putting tires on those puppies anyhow, my buddy has 24" rockstars on his cummins and just spent about 2500 on tires... F that.

dam dude she looks great. i love the 12's but i could imagine that they rub a bit... haha nice work thou man

The hemi springs are working great, the ride is excellent compared to the superlift springs, but it has been so long since I had the stock springs in its hard for me to tell how much softer the ride is compared to stock. It has not bottomed out yet and handles like a sports car in comparison. I will try to get some pics up soon.

The hemi springs are working great, the ride is excellent compared to the superlift springs, but it has been so long since I had the stock springs in its hard for me to tell how much softer the ride is compared to stock. It has not bottomed out yet and handles like a sports car in comparison. I will try to get some pics up soon.

Any progress on those pics ??? I picked up some 2500 hemi springs the other day to put on my 95 4x4 12valve pulled one of my stockers off and its about 2" shorter than one of the hemi springs but the hemi springs are alot lighter.... jus wondering what there gonna look like so pics are appreciated thanks

Man that looks pretty damn good, makes me think about taking the blocks out of my truck...hmm

Back