Lowered my 2nd Gen Reg Cab 4x4

i'm going to be lowering my third gen once i need new tires since lowering it with 35's really doesn't work to well.

Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

I did have more pics these are old. Maybe I can get some current pics up sometime.

WOW!! all these lowered 4x4s look frkn sweeetttt!!!! Id really like to lower mine, most probably gonna try to do it soon..

Lets get some moar pics in here!!!!

Does anyone who has lowered their truck (front and rear) ever tow? I tow a lot, and plan to buy a 5th wheel in a little while. I'd love to lower my truck a bit more, but I'm still worried about suspension travel.

I think the 20x12s look sick

Me too, I like the short wide stance.

Does anyone who has lowered their truck (front and rear) ever tow? I tow a lot, and plan to buy a 5th wheel in a little while. I'd love to lower my truck a bit more, but I'm still worried about suspension travel.

You could get an airbag system to aid in towing.

Last edited:
You could get an airbag system to aid in towing.
I already have bags.. I'm more worried about suspension travel.. Even with bags, the suspension still moves. And so far, from pictures, all I've seen is under 2" from the bump stops...

That's true, you could replace the block with a 1" one and put a helper spring in.

Man those tires stick way out... Was the backspaceing off?? It looks good don't get me wrong, just adding a set of decent flares would help a ton

any body have a 2in block for the rear that they dont need . my long bed sits way too high in the back it needs to go down.

Man those tires stick way out... Was the backspaceing off?? It looks good don't get me wrong, just adding a set of decent flares would help a ton

But the rears are right on.. I call it Chevy syndrome.. Nothing can beat them at their own game though..

Seems like a few people have done this now and im really thinking about it. Anybody ran into any issues doing this? Its been long enough that some of yall have got some miles on them now.

REALLY SICK RIDES!!!
Hey my names Chris. I'm new to CompD. I have a 97 ram 2500 4x4 cummins. I'm about to lower mine, but I'm taking the full block out and replacing it with 2x4 shims. The front I was gonna cut my stock springs down to go as low as I can but I have acouple questions.

Did anybody have any problems with drive shaft length?
Any problems with drag link?
Sway bar?
Control arms?
Steering links?

I'd greatfully appreciate the info. Thanks everybody.

looks good!

just took my 10'' 4 link coilover lift off the front of my 12v 2001 f250 to put a 2wd setup on it with 22x9.5 fuel hostages

Back