Malone tuning

bmart

Hey guys I'm new here on the forum kinda. I've got a 2006 cummins slightly modded and now I have a tdi for my daily. It's a 2006 new beetle with 174k miles. Well I talked to scheids and they said they do malones tuning. I've heard from a couple people they are good. I talked to kerma tdi and hell it was $650 for the tunes. Scheid wants $350 which sounds awesome to me. They will allow egr shut off where kerma will not. Any thoughts on malones tuning?

It's an auto trans which is the only down fall, but I want something on it. I want the added mileage

Keep hearing good things about Malones...

Mine might be getting modded soon...

When I was doing research for my buddies TDI I couldn't find anybody saying anything bad about Malone. I believe he doesn't shut the egr all the way off either, something about warm up. Its been a while since I looked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Malone is a great guy and his tune has been on my tdi for 2 years now, no problems at all. very easy guy to talk to and more than willing to help.

Malone stg 3 on my 06 jetta w automatic for almost a year now and I love it doesn't really smoke and a huge improvement in power and haven't had any issues with trans.. (Knock on wood) not much gain in mileage but I drive it like a damn go kart too lol

Last edited:
When I talked to Reuben at scheids, he said Malone turned his egr off because he was already having problems with it. From what I have read they can sometimes be troublesome. I planned on deleting it anyways in the future. Anyone running without egr as well? This is my first tdi lol. I'm a cummins guy.

I'm looking at a stage 1.5 which is biggest they recommend on a stock car I think. What's everyone's opinion on that. Don't really care about modding the trans on this one

When I talked to Reuben at scheids, he said Malone turned his egr off because he was already having problems with it. From what I have read they can sometimes be troublesome. I planned on deleting it anyways in the future. Anyone running without egr as well? This is my first tdi lol. I'm a cummins guy.

Mine has been tuned off and no issues. I have the stage 2 tune.

I run a Malone 1.5 tune on my 05 Jetta TDI, no problems for over a year now. It's set up with dynamic EGR and idle.

What's the dynamic idle? I'm gonna do the dynamic egr. It looks like it is proven to be better. I think I'm gonna do stage 2 I believe

And is the tune worth the money? I see it only raises the power by like 30-40 horse. I understand these bad boys only make ~100 from factory but wondering what everyone else is thinking

And is the tune worth the money? I see it only raises the power by like 30-40 horse. I understand these bad boys only make ~100 from factory but wondering what everyone else is thinking

Ha!! That's a 30-40% gain!!

Uh.. Yeah!

Ha I know that. I was just curious lol. This is my first tdi so I don't know much in them. What's the left foot brake fix? Do I really need that? I think I'm gonna do the dynamic egr and dynamic idle. Not sure what the left foot brake fix is. I don't race just want mileage

Of its an 06 auto, I would look into a DSG tune also. In the gas world, it really improves the shifting.

What's the dynamic idle? I'm gonna do the dynamic egr. It looks like it is proven to be better. I think I'm gonna do stage 2 I believe

yes it worth it, and thats what I have drives great, my fuel mileage didn't go up though. I drive the crap out of my car :hehe: the extra passing power is defiantly noticed.

Back