Malone tuning

Ya it's a little laggy lol. I am gonna do the dynamic egr and idle. Idk if I wanna do stage 1.5 or 2. I'm not gonna run a boost gauge or any other monitoring. Any input on that?

Ya it's a little laggy lol. I am gonna do the dynamic egr and idle. Idk if I wanna do stage 1.5 or 2. I'm not gonna run a boost gauge or any other monitoring. Any input on that?

Malone recommends the 1.5 for stock and not running a gauge. The dynamic idle makes it idle up when engine temp is below a certain temp.

Mark is a good people, and has been tuning TDI's for over 10 years now, I can say I have had a number of his tunes over the years, and wholeheartedly recommend him.

What's the dynamic idle? I'm gonna do the dynamic egr. It looks like it is proven to be better. I think I'm gonna do stage 2 I believe

The dynamic idle, I believe, is a high idle on start-up while the EGR is active to aid in faster warm up of the engine. The dynamic EGR as you probably know, shuts off the EGR when coolant temps at around 160degs. After that, it's off permanently.

I hear nothing but good about Malone on TDI Club and Vortex. Every customer is a happy one. Even a DSG tune alone on a stock tune drastically improves driveability from what I've been reading from those who have one. The aftermarket world is finally coming around for the NMS/B7 Passats (2012+); DPF deletes and such. Malone, as of the middle of November, has been able to disable the DEF injection as well. With the DPF delete, their Stage 2 tune can be run without as much of a concern for excessively high EGTs.

Last edited:
Awesome. I'm definitely going with his tunes then. I was scheduled Monday but he has a plane ride and said to do it another day cuz we know how planes are lol. So now it's gonna be Wednesday. I'll report back with my likings. I'm definitely going with him then. I got a weird vibe talking to kerma tdi and then read that some ppl were happy with his tunes and I couldn't see paying $650 for tunes when malones were $350 lol

I also run marks tuning on my car. I recommend a flashzilla. That way you can change tunes.

I have a stage 3 tune on my car and will be getting a stage 4 tune in the next few months. My last tank was 44mpg. Not too bad for warm ups in morning and winter fuel.

Ah. I'll prolly just drive to scheids lol. It's an hour away and looks like the same price as tunes from Malone as well

Ha ya I feel ya. I prolly won't b doing any more tunes after my first ones. Don't plan on modding it more I doubt

Well guys, you were right. I love this tuning. It runs awesome. And I think my mileage has raised as well. I'm in love

You don't need a DSG tune but they're nice. I'm not sure what tools Scheids has but they can probably do them. On a 2005-2006 its only needed after Stage 2, 2009+ its needed for Stage 1 or more.

Left foot braking: if you use both pedals, without the mod it cuts fuel, its just some coding in the ecu to allow this. Its primarily for those who track their car.

Dynamic EGR is one of my favorite features living in the tundra, at 0F it takes a good amount of time for the engine to warm up without an EGR.

Dynamic idle is ok, I don't like it with a heavy or grabby clutch but otherwise its nice.

Yes, Malone can do 2012-2014 Passats.

I have tried a Stage 2 tune on a BRM and BEW cars but their tiny turbos just can't handle it, that is why the Stage 1.5 tune is there. Every once in a while you'll find a car that won't mind Stage 2 but its not common. If someone had boost and EGT gauges and knew what they were doing and willing to take the risk, I'd give them a Stage 2 tune.

I got the stage 1.5 with dynamic idle and dynamic egr. The dynamic idle is ok I guess. It really only idles it up ~200 rpm. I like the dynamic egr cuz the car still gets warm pretty quick. The thing runs dang good with the tune. I'm trying to be easy so I don't ruin my auto....

I have the malone stage II tune in my 2012 and love it. Not a single issue with the tune, everything is smooth, much more power, much better fuel millage, best money I've spent on a vehicle. So far about 35K miles with the tune, first 20K was without it.

Back