Might have stripped ring and pinion

If you weren't in Indiana I would. I may have found one here in oklahoma for 250, just gotta figure out how to go get it. The beetle won't haul it LOL

Remember, kimo-sabie, some of us are going to Indiana in two weeks. I'm sure we could be "for hire". :poke: :D

If you can find an axle that might be at SDX.....although I am going to haul back a full set of four-wheeler tires and apparently a tranny core for Jonathan....we might could make it work...but I'd have to take a trailer. Dayum short bed. :( You could also load your happy ass up and go with us too.

Remember, kimo-sabie, some of us are going to Indiana in two weeks. I'm sure we could be "for hire". :poke: :D

If you can find an axle that might be at SDX.....although I am going to haul back a full set of four-wheeler tires and apparently a tranny core for Jonathan....we might could make it work...but I'd have to take a trailer. Dayum short bed. :( You could also load your happy ass up and go with us too.

Or you could learn to get creative with loading and ratchet straps...

Or you could learn to get creative with loading and ratchet straps...

Pretty sure a tranny, four tire/wheel combos, and an axle won't fit. I'm not beating the hell out of my truck for anyone....but I am very willing to help when I can. :D

Pretty sure a tranny, four tire/wheel combos, and an axle won't fit. I'm not beating the hell out of my truck for anyone....but I am very willing to help when I can. :D

Bring it here. I bet I can Mexican it up to fit and not damage anything. LOL

I'll bet a Ron's Special and Spanish fries like I had for lunch on it...

Bring it here. I bet I can Mexican it up to fit and not damage anything. LOL

I'll bet a Ron's Special and Spanish fries like I had for lunch on it...

I shall be having exackary that for lunch on Saturday if everything goes as planned. :D

I can't get the time off for sdx unfortunately. If aaron's contact falls through, I'm just going to have the axle people come fix it. I figure by the time I pay fuel to get the axle, buy it, and pay for regear, I'll be about the same money into it. I could wait a month maybe on the regear, but I'll need 4wd to move the trailer around the yard.

Jory, any chance they reassemble the hub/bearings, or is that on you?

Jory, any chance they reassemble the hub/bearings, or is that on you?

They did not do that and I wouldn't pay them to do it anyway. It is pretty easy. I'm sure I can be bought for a couple of hours pretty cheap if there ain't anyone around there to help ya. You got the socket.... LOL Tighten to 160 ft-lbs while turning, then back it off 1/8 turn.

They did not do that and I wouldn't pay them to do it anyway. It is pretty easy. I'm sure I can be bought for a couple of hours pretty cheap if there ain't anyone around there to help ya. You got the socket.... LOL Tighten to 160 ft-lbs while turning, then back it off 1/8 turn.

I can do it, I was just curious if they re-assembled for 850 bucks LOL Mostly just hoping they'd do the races, because I'm lazy.

I didn't have any races left. I had to buy a new hub and all new everything on that side. I had it all done before they got there but they sure didn't offer to do it.

I didn't have any races left. I had to buy a new hub and all new everything on that side. I had it all done before they got there but they sure didn't offer to do it.

LOL thats ok, I'll just be happy to be able to get it running.

Did the spindle come with a new nut/wedge lock? I'm not sure mine will still be good, and I know the wedge is gone forever. Now that I think about it, I should make sure the hub is still good.

Last edited:
Did the spindle come with a new nut/wedge lock? I'm not sure mine will still be good, and I know the wedge is gone forever. Now that I think about it, I should make sure the hub is still good.

Nope. I used the original one and bought a new wedge.

I'm not surprised.

Let me know, I may be able to make meet ya...

Roger that.

meet up with him Jory, I made 20 bucks the other day when I met up for lunch lol.

Hell, I'd consider it a win if he covers my lunch. LOL

Just a thought... But before you jump the gun on getting a new stub welded on id be sure the races fit in the hub first. Sucker looked like it got hot!

Back