MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Yeah I may be lofty with my goals but I've always been that way.... I know we can make the power to run with there team. Dan and Jared are a great group of guys. Hope to just get running and at the track at this point.

It would be strange to aim for anything but. I was just messing with you. Good luck.

Why not run triples? Two smaller turbos are easier to find than a giant primary... Like jsp triple gtx4508 setup. Or take a page out of john robinsons book and run his massive 4"+ precision primary.

So, on your way out west feel free to drop that hemi off at my place. Or i can meet you in houston near i10...

Coming from a truck that runs a single, my advise is to NOT run a single unless you have some specific things that you can only accomplish with a single. As you do give up the ultimate power potential as well as wide powerband.

We realize that going to a single we have given up 300hp+ on fuel over a twin or triple setup, but we had some specific needs that only the single met.

Coming from a truck that runs a single, my advise is to NOT run a single unless you have some specific things that you can only accomplish with a single. As you do give up the ultimate power potential as well as wide powerband.

We realize that going to a single we have given up 300hp+ on fuel over a twin or triple setup, but we had some specific needs that only the single met.

So your saying you could possibly gain 300+ across the powerband or around peak hp potential?

On a side note I have not seen Torrey's truck do a 4wd sideways 1/8 mile burnout like Ben shadday haha. It seems to me it's complicated getting a big jump off the line with a big single that would support power equivalent to twins capable of 300+ hp more than the single turbo. However Micah Sullivan's truck is an ANIMAL and it sounds like he's running a single turbo.

Last edited:
Beautiful build! Just FYI, I bent a diagonal locator bar that size at 800hp. I'd recommend replacing it with a 1.25 .120 wall chromoly or better.

My vote goes for two HX82's as well...Truck is looking good, can't wait for spring!

Gonna use a transbrake?

Back