MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

So your saying you could possibly gain 300+ across the powerband or around peak hp potential?

On a side note I have not seen Torrey's truck do a 4wd sideways 1/8 mile burnout like Ben shadday haha. It seems to me it's complicated getting a big jump off the line with a big single that would support power equivalent to twins capable of 300+ hp more than the single turbo. However Micah Sullivan's truck is an ANIMAL and it sounds like he's running a single turbo.

I have seriously screwed up if Torrey ever does an 1/8th mile burnout.

300 peak, and probably 200+ over close to 1000rpm wider band. We run a very similar setup other than the chargers to JSP and the power curve differences are very evident.

We still can't get the power we have down the track the way we want it, so more power isn't what we are after. Also on the juice it all becomes somewhat relative.

We will be running the same Precision Promod 88mm Gen2 as last year, this season, and expect to have a lot more passes over 150mph, hopefully with some short times to make it all worth while.

There was a lot of thought and discussion that went into changing over to a single, but power was never one of the reasons.

Last edited:
Why not run triples? Two smaller turbos are easier to find than a giant primary... Like jsp triple gtx4508 setup. Or take a page out of john robinsons book and run his massive 4"+ precision primary.

So, on your way out west feel free to drop that hemi off at my place. Or i can meet you in houston near i10...

I'm just not a fan of triples, I don't have a good reason as to why other than probably the clutter of the extra plumbing and charger in there, just rather not mess with it.

The HEMI can be yours for a small fee :)

Put a white stripe down the top and call it "Frosted Miniwheat"

:Cheer:

Beautiful build! Just FYI, I bent a diagonal locator bar that size at 800hp. I'd recommend replacing it with a 1.25 .120 wall chromoly or better.

BAHH! Thanks for the heads up, I'll check with Tony to see what the locator is made of now.... it's a Chassis-Works "Kit", or at least pieces from them used.

Looking good! I think you just switched to 2WD because you liked the burnouts...

I'm not going to Lie, it makes my time at the races much more enjoyable although... I probably won't fry them for 1/8 mile like I do with Brads tires.... unless he wants to pay for my tires too :st:

Truth! :lolly:

We all know it's harder to keep a 2wd straight than a 4wd...

I dunno... I've been sideways in my 4x4 super street truck 3 solid times this year and the worst I got out of the Dirtymaxx was a mild case of the tire-shakes but no sideways action.

If it comes with the harness and ecm i could scrounge 500 up.
If you wanted to throw that trans in too, 12vriv would pitch you that 50...

I dunno... I've been sideways in my 4x4 super street truck 3 solid times this year and the worst I got out of the Dirtymaxx was a mild case of the tire-shakes but no sideways action.

Yes but under what conditions? You drop fluid like and where you did in 2wd its not very likely to buff out.

Lets be honest here also Dirty Max is not a back half 4500 or in Buckwheats case 6k lbs truck. :shake:

Leather seats from the 1500?

If you get something on the track under one tire it can get ugly in a hurry, see the very end of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YP97lykNw4

As far as tire costs for burnouts, NHRA just changed the tire requirement for their Pro Stock class, so all of the existing teams will be selling their current stock of tires dirt cheap. If you can use that size it might be a cheap way to go!

Make an offer, it's strapped to a pallet ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back