MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

f1fdba864fa54295ac1ac648a9494434.jpg

c8e31ba86f3719d9d04a2b86c3aa8462.jpg

084d74ebe6c90307fc6d855b7fd824ee.jpg

*heavy breathing*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it's been a while, holidays, travel... all that crap really put a dampener on race truck things.

My GTX4508/5533-98 combo showed up, the 4508R had a jacked up turbine wheel from terrible packing and/or UPS using it as a football ace ventura style so, I get to deal with a claim on that one meanwhile I had to order another one so the build could continue.

I pulled the trigger on the Bosch Standalone ECU... so... there's that! I sent my engine harness of to be mocked off of and... we wait for that stuff to come back, pretty excited on that one!

Having spaghetti menders (http://www.racewiring.com) put together my switch and power distribution panels so that should be slick.

Also just drop shipped FPE some fuel lab parts to hook up the low pressure fuel system.

It should be back in FL with a complete rolling chassis, brakes functional, fully plumbed, engine sitting in its home, awaiting to have trans installed & complete vehicle wired... then.... dyno time! 1500HP or bust!

I believe Fleece is doing the cage and chassis.

That race wiring place is somewhat local to me, interesting.

Truck looks sweet Ryan.

Last edited:
OR a guy could throw two 4508r's blowing into that 4508r on the manifold.....tickle 1700hp.....Just sayin LOL

Nice cage work Ryan!!! When do you want to do the Desert Race cage in my Duramax???

Fleece is doing the chassis, you don't want me touching you cage I promise ?

OR a guy could throw two 4508r's blowing into that 4508r on the manifold.....tickle 1700hp.....Just sayin LOL

Baby steps, this 98mm and a 4508 should hit my mark easily. Once I get it going straight and safe at that power level ill think about adding more ?

Ryan, are you doing anything to strengthen the front frame rails? Just asking because my El Camino that has a 2 x 3 frame front clip with chassis bars, bent the frame to crap with only about 800hp. It's at the chassis shop getting the frame straightened and totally reworked to hold the HP now. Bent over an inch with not much HP. Just something to think about before it all goes together and it being a 1/2 ton.

Attachments

• Front clip.jpg
    Front clip.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks Rob! I'll forward it on to them!

84508240064d229fb71a1522b6b2c861.jpg

They said my frame rails are roughly 2.5"x5"

We are even pulling the back window and adding bars from the cab cage to the rear to help with flex and lateral fold. The chassis cert'd for 7.5 et but I'm finding that is for the driver safety zone and not chassis integrity. With the torque I've seen the Cummins make I wanted to put this example out there. Give me a call if you'd like to chat about it, I can give you some info on what happened and what my chassis guy thinks will fix them. I'm sure Fleece has it under control though so hope I'm not over stepping my bounds.

Last edited:
If you get something on the track under one tire it can get ugly in a hurry, see the very end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YP97lykNw4

As far as tire costs for burnouts, NHRA just changed the tire requirement for their Pro Stock class, so all of the existing teams will be selling their current stock of tires dirt cheap. If you can use that size it might be a cheap way to go!

Any links to tires for sale?

They said my frame rails are roughly 2.5"x5"

...and probably near triple the wall thickness of the 2x3 Rob is using. Additionally, that heafty cross member for the A-arms should stiffen it up substantially.

just my $.02

P.S. Love the truck!!!!

Chassis

Rob did your can have a front and mid plate in it? That would help big time if it didn't. Looks good Ryan, I will have to check it out again when I'm there next time.

Fleece is doing the chassis, you don't want me touching you cage I promise ?

Baby steps, this 98mm and a 4508 should hit my mark easily. Once I get it going straight and safe at that power level ill think about adding more ?

Cool, I didn't realize Fleece was doing the chassis for you. They have some great fabricators there!!!

We will probably be doing my cage at RPM Offroad as they are familiar with the requirements for SCORE and BITD desert racing which is much more strict than NHRA as far as tubing sizes and placement... They have good fabricators and the equipment to do everything we need too. I hope to do the cage after we do the short bed conversion.

Check out RLC Motorsports, they do a ton of off-road fab stuff and know their chit.

Back