Monster Pump Mike Torque Converter

with Mike making them? what are you getting at? do you make converters? do you make injectors? vp's? lines? what do you do? really 25% failed where would that # come from? and everyone of them that failed he replaced stood by his prodeuct when you bring a new performance product to the market you can expect bugs and problems. Id have to say from personal experience and use of his products they are pretty damn good. Highest hp from a vp ever on record mikes products. The fastest vp on record guess what Mikes products. So id say the things he makes are pretty good man. Have you have even used a product of his?

I don't want to get into it with you. It was just a comment. Yes I've dealt with Mike, alot. I had 2 of his pumps and some other trinkets he makes, so it's personal with me.

Hows it holding up since that run? made any other runs on the tq converter?

Sorry it took so long to get with ya guys on this . Mikes TC in my opinion is the next best thing to sliced bread as of right now ! What really makes it great is that you can inspect it yourself . We only got to put the one pass on it this season before our tracks shutdown but in that one pass it held more power than any other TC we have tried to get to work ! We did see we were bowing the lockup piston in this TC and already mike has built a different one , also he has decided to change the lockup clutch some to help shed oil off the clutch too . You guys are right in saying we need to test this TC more an i cant wait to get started ! But in my opinion this is the best we got right now !

Sorry it took so long to get with ya guys on this . Mikes TC in my opinion is the next best thing to sliced bread as of right now ! What really makes it great is that you can inspect it yourself . We only got to put the one pass on it this season before our tracks shutdown but in that one pass it held more power than any other TC we have tried to get to work ! We did see we were bowing the lockup piston in this TC and already mike has built a different one , also he has decided to change the lockup clutch some to help shed oil off the clutch too . You guys are right in saying we need to test this TC more an i cant wait to get started ! But in my opinion this is the best we got right now !

I guess the price in one of his units will justify trying that unit V.S. a danco correct?

I just got mine. I hope to have it in this weekend. Here are some pics. Sorry for the quality. It was a little dark and they are with my phone. This is a top notch unit!!

Attachments

• Mikes converter.jpg
    Mikes converter.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 163
  • Mikes flex plate.jpg
    Mikes flex plate.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 143
We are running several things from mike on a pull truck and in 2 conversions we are about to start on in the next few weeks. He is a great guy to talk to and very helpful. I'd like to see some more vids of the CSI truck when yall get to run again.

sweet Marksun how has it been so far what converter did you have before Mikes i have a Sun coast 3-disc now and have heard Mikes converters lock up very fast

It does lock up extremely fast! I had a DTT in there before. It was about 4 years old though. The lockup hasnt worked right in a long time. I always had to let off the throttle to get the converter to lock up. I am very impressed with the way my truck drives with this converter. 3-4 shift took some getting used to. Since it unlocks, shifts and relocks so fast. The more I drive it the better it feels. I will let you know after I pull this 14k trailer next weekend.

i was talking to mike about this converter for my next trans, and he said that the problem with the oil is it would actually hydroplane while locking up, so he was cutting some "sipes" if you will to make the clutches lock up easier. the guy is a guru with cummins parts, hell, he even makes his own cams! and the cool part isnt just in the rebuildable part of it, but the whole converter, theres tons of parts in there that arnt in any other converters. he didnt just improve on a design, he redesigned the converter completely.

matt

Me and some buddys got to meet Mike this past weekend when we dropped off some parts with him. We got to see one of his new converter. If I had an auto I'd buy one of his converters. That thing is awsome. Like stated before he completely redesigned the converter. Great guy to talk to also.

so other than using one huge single clutch and having the flexplate attached, how does Mike's converter function different than a triple disk from DTT, Suncoast, Goerends, etc? how does the price and warranty compare to a triple from the other big name converters?

Havent been on the site for awhile but as of yet the converter is holding up great to my daily driving and beat the piss out of the truck in between. I have about 7000 miles on it also. I had one Mikes first converters and like other have said Mike has since updated his converters. Mike got me the updated parts and paid my mechanic to update the converter:rockwoot:. Im still waiting to hit the track and I think that Milan Dragway up in Michigan is opening up in a couple of weeks. I would really like to make it up there, I still need to get my lock up hooked up though.

there is a kid that works at my shop has one of these tc, so far he likes it just found out he has it in his truck today. he beats on it alot (KIDS) so I will see how it holds up.

I know Drake from TPD loves his and has had no problems with it, I think he has about 8 passes on it

Back