Monster Pump Mike

I love fast vp trucks but for the money a p7100 was a much better choice of you want to go fast. It also drives better then any 600hp+ vp truck ever could. If the performance VPs weren't so hit and miss I think we would see a lot more of them. It's just the fact you have to try and justify the high cost of them when you know they are way more prone to failure then a p7100.

A $2500 pump that barely makes 600hp would not make me very happy and I've seen it happen with a couple "performance" VPs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have never bought a monster pump brand new and I agree overpriced. Thankfully I found a pump and injectors for a decent price. I wouldn't recommend dumping money on one, but they are fun to drive. Mine will probably take a crap, but I don't want a ppump 24v. I would like to do a CR swap one day.

I sort of have a itch for a VP 12V. 24V+VP= great driver. 12V+P/VE=great driver. 24V+P=not so great driver. So I'm thinking 12V+VP=even better driver?

I have a 12v vp... It's fun. Does real well. Unfortunately as with any vp, large injectors make idle a pita in gear..

Hey brett, I bet you would pick up a good bit by back cutting valves, and porting the head, cutting larger intake valves into it.. just make it breathe.

And I don't think he was poking at you

I think so too, but It's running the number where it's at and that's all I need right now. One of these days I'll tear into it.

What's a guy to do with a Mikes pump that needs work? I have a Stage 2 that just doesn't run right. No codes, but starts hard and runs like its out of time. Went back to an SO pump and no issues whatsoever. It would pain me to give it up as a core.

I have the same question. It seems that Mike may have us by the balls on the pump. I hope that someone has a better answer because I will not be dialing his number again.

I dont have personal experience with him but have friends/know people who have, and I hate to say it but probably gonna be S.O.L. on it would be my bet.

Yeah my stage 2 is still kicking strong but it lingers in the back of my mind should I sell it before it craps out

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Does any of your pumps have an offset key? Mine does and I'm wondering if a new key might cure it. It doesn't look the best. Also, is there anyway to prove these are Mike's pumps?

Back