Monster vp 44

Sandman9

who is running them and how do you like them?
i am thinking about getting one because my parerents wont help me out for the extra cash to do a p pump conversion.
aslo did you have to change anything else out? like bigger lines or connector tubes?
thanks for all your help
-Cory

you should be able to p pump it for what it costs to buy a monster if not less

yep if you are smart, take your time and shop around you can get all the parts for the p-pump conversion for what a monster pump costs. and then when thats all said and done you can sell off the vp44 parts and make some money back.

but if you are gonna be one of the guys that has to order the big name kit so you can have all the parts in 2 days then you will not do it cheaper.

i bought a healthy built CDS p-pump AND did my conversion for less than $2600, all the rest of my money went into cam, valvetrain, custom billet parts, new turbo, header, and a bunch of other parts.

Yep shop around and do the p-pump conversion if you want to go that big. Why you want a monster pump with a hybrid stock turbo anyways? Unless you have other plans?

Yep shop around and do the p-pump conversion if you want to go that big. Why you want a monster pump with a hybrid stock turbo anyways? Unless you have other plans?

i have an ht3b sitting here calling my name:rockwoot:
the thing is is i would have to get the parts in two days for the p pump conversion because im leaving for school in laramie wy. in 2week and i need a new pump so it doesnt break down on me up there.

I have heard they have there ups and downs! I have the dragonfire, will know how it pulls after this weekend

From what I have heard the monster pump is not all it is cracked up to be. Also, they want you to replace your crossover tubes and injectors to something special they have if you want your warranty. No personal experience with it really, other than one being on a friends truck for a day and we took it back off.

This winter look like a ppump swap more and more as i read here. Kman didnt you gat a pull in yet with that dragon?

Im running a monster and like it alot. It def makes alot of power for a vp i believe. No dyno proof yet but i still want to go bigger and i will go to mechanical for that. Why would like to buy one? LoL I have not had any issues though with mine like everyone else has so i guess i lucked out. Alsd had it on the truck for over a year now.

I got a monster on my truck and I think it is great. It fuels really hard compared to stock. However, i think what dieseljunkie was saying is it is not as street friendly. It dont bother me bc mine is hardly ever on the street

have one love it makes some really good power going from a hot rod from industrial to Mikes pump made 150 more hp they work they fuel hard and reliable

Back