More power? Best option?

Try and take off the superchip and the edge that you have.

And also i am pretty sure you can order a 4" downpipe made by MBRP on beans.

That's what I think I am going to do. The only thing is, I didn't have this problem in the beginning. It started after about 35,000 miles with this setup. Just confused as to why it didn't do it in the beginning and why it is fine at WOT if it is due to the chip and programmer.

Thanks for the advice. I have called a few places and even drove 5 hours to the Thoroughbred Diesel Dyno event this weekend to find out answers. That is where I found out the 7.3 is lacking in HP as compared to all the others. I didnt get much help. Some help but not many 7.3 gurus.
I do know injectors are spendy as I had these installed and not saying that I will but if I do keep the splits, what is the problem with the skipping? It was fine for about 35,000 miles and is still unpredictable as to when it acts this way. Sometimes it runs fine, sometimes it runs rough and if it is going to run rough it usually shows up early with rough idle. I never have any signs of roughness at WOT. This is why I am considering changing the injectors. It would have never crossed my mind if it wasnt for the roughness along with the lower fuel mileage that I hear I could gain back with singles.

Shoulda hollered at me. I was in the white 96.

After some thimking, maybe a little different approach to my plans. Where is the best place to get a shortblock to support around 600-700 HP and what should it consist of? Thinking I will get it this way and be able to take my time.

At the minimum I will not be satisfied if I can't duplicate 00RICH's setup, but I will need a forged motor for that even so I figure get something I can pump up even more if I want.

Back