More power? Best option?

WOP GQSSB Turbo, Terminator Dual HPOS, Strictly Diesel Fuel System, DP Tuner F8 Chip, WOP Stage II 200cc injectors, BTS Transmission, 4" Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage II intake. this is the setup I have dynoed 530-556hp consistently depending on the dyno for over two years

WOP GQSSB Turbo, Terminator Dual HPOS, Strictly Diesel Fuel System, DP Tuner F8 Chip, WOP Stage II 200cc injectors, BTS Transmission, 4" Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage II intake. this is the setup I have dynoed 530-556hp consistently depending on the dyno for over two years

With PMRs ?

Thanks for the advice. I have called a few places and even drove 5 hours to the Thoroughbred Diesel Dyno event this weekend to find out answers. That is where I found out the 7.3 is lacking in HP as compared to all the others. I didnt get much help. Some help but not many 7.3 gurus.
I do know injectors are spendy as I had these installed and not saying that I will but if I do keep the splits, what is the problem with the skipping? It was fine for about 35,000 miles and is still unpredictable as to when it acts this way. Sometimes it runs fine, sometimes it runs rough and if it is going to run rough it usually shows up early with rough idle. I never have any signs of roughness at WOT. This is why I am considering changing the injectors. It would have never crossed my mind if it wasnt for the roughness along with the lower fuel mileage that I hear I could gain back with singles.

another question. should I make sure of 4in downpipe or is 3.5 ok? Been looking at MBRP and from what I was told they dont have the 4in downpipe due to the pain of installation and clearance. If I got the WOP GQSSB turbo would it come with a 4in downpipe and is it a T3/T4 flange?

00Rich
how happy are you with the driveability and performance of the DP tunes. I have talked to them some but havent sold myself on them.

So what other turbo options would I have later if I went with the hypermax mount kit? Just looking for the most versatile for future mods. hopefully eventually that 700 mark.

00Rich
how happy are you with the driveability and performance of the DP tunes. I have talked to them some but havent sold myself on them.

Jody live tuned mine a little over a year ago the driveability is great good for a daily driver tows with no egt issues Ive been very happy with it

any ideas on the 3.5 vs 4 in downpipe or does the Hypermax kit come with 4in downpipe?

Last edited:
Thanks. What tunes do u have from ts and where is the best place to get them?

Beans diesel, Total Diesel Performance (TW), PHP. ditch the super chip and edge you have on there now. Thats asking for trouble on a 7.3..

And yeah
stage 3 injectors-$1800 reman, $2500 new
Hypermax H2E turbo-$2400 plus mounting kit $900
Built transmission-$4500
Headstuds-$700
Water meth- $550
Forged rods-...?

This will get you up there but aside from this there will also need to be much other litle odds and ends

So what other turbo options would I have later if I went with the hypermax mount kit? Just looking for the most versatile for future mods. hopefully eventually that 700 mark.

If you really want to have a 700hp truck, buy a single cab, short bed 6.0 and turn it into this truck you're wanting.

7.3's are not known for being fast and furious trucks. They are more known for durability, reliability, & being work horses that will last you for working and pulling up to 500,000 miles. (that is if you take good care of it, not hard on it and keep good oil in it)

Ok. My truck build date on the door is 03/01 so a small chance that I do not have PMRs. I cant read the valve cover data plate so gonna have to pull the inspection plug. do I need to seal this plug when I put it back in and is it really that easy/definite to see in that small plug? there is also two plugs there, one right above the other. Any pictures of which plug to pull would be great. The diesel innovations link does not work anymore.

cummins conversion. i think you would save a bunch of money and get a more reliable 600 hp ride. if you would settle for 500 keep the 7.3

Does anybody have any ideas for the source of the
problem I mentioned in post #25?

Back