more smoke....

OK....I'm no gonna tell you how to smoke out the streets....but I will try to help you get your truck set up right before you kill it.
1st things 1st....if you have "200 horse" injectors and a Triple Dog....you're off to a bad start so how about you let us know all your current mods, who they're from, etc and we'll get you straightened out.

Welcome to the site...I'd consider it a personal favor if you left the text style typing to text messages. It's hard to read and if I'm gon a try to help someone I need to be able to communicate with them.

OK....I'm no gonna tell you how to smoke out the streets....but I will try to help you get your truck set up right before you kill it.
1st things 1st....if you have "200 horse" injectors and a Triple Dog....you're off to a bad start so how about you let us know all your current mods, who they're from, etc and we'll get you straightened out.

Welcome to the site...I'd consider it a personal favor if you left the text style typing to text messages. It's hard to read and if I'm gon a try to help someone I need to be able to communicate with them.

ok i got...
200 hp injectors
AFE stage 2 air intake
triple dog
head steads
5 inch exhaust
fass4 pump on the way

got the injectors and head steads from liberator

OK...first off...sorry you overpaid at Liberator. LOL
Second...they're not 200 hp injectors...they're 200cc injectors....which still isn't totally correct but it's the accepted slang.
You're off to a good start with the studs...now you need to consider an EGR delete. Don't buy that from Liberator unless you REALLY wanna overpay for something. LOL There's other, better stuff out there for cheaper.
At the very least you need an SCT tuner now...your Bully Dog doesn't not and can not control bigger injectors. You MUST have custom tuning for those.
Your EGR valve can also at least be disabled in the custom tunes which is better than nothing.
If you're going to run the FASS as a stand alone pump you need the 150/180 high pressure pump. There is no fass4 pump....so I'm not sure what you mean.

5" exhaust...overkill but sounds cool none the less. I you got the 4" downpipe then you better watch the clearance real close on the flex section of the up-pipe on the side...the 4" will move around and if it touches it'll rub a hole in the flex pipe and cause you all sorts of headaches.

IMHO you need to look into some sort of upgraded fuel system to compliment the FASS. At least some upgraded lines from the secondary filter housing to the heads and delete the stock, restrictive banjo bolts.

OK...first off...sorry you overpaid at Liberator. LOL
Second...they're not 200 hp injectors...they're 200cc injectors....which still isn't totally correct but it's the accepted slang.
You're off to a good start with the studs...now you need to consider an EGR delete. Don't buy that from Liberator unless you REALLY wanna overpay for something. LOL There's other, better stuff out there for cheaper.
At the very least you need an SCT tuner now...your Bully Dog doesn't not and can not control bigger injectors. You MUST have custom tuning for those.
Your EGR valve can also at least be disabled in the custom tunes which is better than nothing.
If you're going to run the FASS as a stand alone pump you need the 150/180 high pressure pump. There is no fass4 pump....so I'm not sure what you mean.

5" exhaust...overkill but sounds cool none the less. I you got the 4" downpipe then you better watch the clearance real close on the flex section of the up-pipe on the side...the 4" will move around and if it touches it'll rub a hole in the flex pipe and cause you all sorts of headaches.

IMHO you need to look into some sort of upgraded fuel system to compliment the FASS. At least some upgraded lines from the secondary filter housing to the heads and delete the stock, restrictive banjo bolts.

thanks man...when i had my cummins i dealt with east coast diesel...then when i bought my ford liberator said he could beat ECD prices...
i meant to say fass i order the 180 and should be here next week and then im gunna run bigger fuel lines....
someone else told me to delete EGR so since i got a second opinan im gunna do that...
when it comes to the tuner ill have to check into that SCT more...

wheres the VGT at ....i hear all this guys talking about unpluggin the VGT...is that the plug ontop of the turbo?

You don't want to unplug the VGT solenoid. The movable vanes will default to full-open your truck will hardly move from a dead stop...it'll smoke like crazy and EGT's will be very unfriendly.
Bad idea..........

ya but come'on if u kno it isnt good then why u do it.....it must be nice to have lots of money to spend when u brake it for being stuiped

How about trying to help instead of crapping up a tech forum with BS links?

unplugging the VGT will just make TONS of smoke and do nothing performance wise (nothing positive performance wise)... i know some people will unplug it if they're making smoke videos and stuff like that

Smoke is a sign that your diesel is operating not as efficient as it can. Your goal should be to put as much power adders as you can on your truck and be able to clean up all the smoke. This means you are wringing every ounce of BTU’s out of that dino oil you are putting in your tank. That equates to maybe a lower or sub 13 second run????

AND disclaimer for Ride42 avatar:

image.php

Shown smoke in mirror to left is done on a close course, with a professional driver. A chase vehicle, with a shop-vac was used to remove said smoke from the course environment. A 5 point restraint was used for the camera man and a tether was attached to the camera for safety. Mirror heaters were disabled for this shot for insurance reasons. For the love of God and all that is Holy, do not attempt.

:hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
Back