My 47RH Build

I like the upgraded rear servo from PATC, it has more seals and is wider than the stock one. Its like $40. I think there on ebay too.

I'll try to get some more specs on the planet stuff in a few days when I work on the trans. Its too damn cold right now and I'm lazy.LOL

@LaMiller , you have any thoughts here? BTW, got the other parts in the mail from you and they look good!
8e8anygu.jpg

Do you do anything for the rear servo or leave the stock piece in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like TCS?

Looks like TCS?

Yes, TCS pieces

Well if you don't have a BB in yours I think I'll just take it out.

Thats what i would do. The .120 hole is pretty big, but should be ok. i usually do .090

Do you do anything for the rear servo or leave the stock piece in it?

I have never replaced a stock rear servo and have never had one bind. Even in full manual vbs i haven't had an issue.

As far as the maching for the bearings go, i think its a little overkill personally. Ive had my trans apart a few times since building it 4 years ago and never seen an issue with any of the thrust washers. Hp in the 500-700 range in that period of time and it was a DD for most of that time.

Yes, TCS pieces

Thats what i would do. The .120 hole is pretty big, but should be ok. i usually do .090

I have never replaced a stock rear servo and have never had one bind. Even in full manual vbs i haven't had an issue.

As far as the maching for the bearings go, i think its a little overkill personally. Ive had my trans apart a few times since building it 4 years ago and never seen an issue with any of the thrust washers. Hp in the 500-700 range in that period of time and it was a DD for most of that time.

Good to know.

Just got with the guy I bought the transmission from and he said he forgot to mention that it had a Garmon valve body in it. Hmm, that explains some of the modifications it already had, like half of the stuff so far was already done.

So if Garmons puts the BB in there, maybe I should leave it there?

For right now, I'm not going to mess with the bearing, but would like to know for future upgrades.

Well ordered a direct "power pack", front band, and a seal kit from FirePunk. Also found a core TC that's being shipped to DPC. I think I'm going to go with a reman Triple Disk from Phil. Also looking at the TCS input shaft. 300M shaft should suffice?

Transmission currently:
TCS servo
TCS 2nd gear accum
TCS apply, anchor, strut
Transgo VB kit installed in a Goerend VB lol
"Direct Power Pack" - have to wait and see how many C/S I can actually fit in there
Seal kit
New wide 2nd gear band

Ordering soon:
TCS Input
DPC Triple Disc

Thinking I still need(thoughts?):
direct 5 pinion steel planet
overdrive brake upgrade? copy Bigblue?
overdrive direct upgrade? copy Bigblue?
LPW pan
pressure gauge?
temp gauge?

Thanks for the input.

Well ordered a direct "power pack", front band, and a seal kit from FirePunk. Also found a core TC that's being shipped to DPC. I think I'm going to go with a reman Triple Disk from Phil. Also looking at the TCS input shaft. 300M shaft should suffice?

Transmission currently:
TCS servo
TCS 2nd gear accum
TCS apply, anchor, strut
"Direct Power Pack" - have to wait and see how many C/S I can actually fit in there
Seal kit
New wide 2nd gear band

Ordering soon:
TCS Input
DPC Triple Disc

LPW pan
pressure gauge?
temp gauge?

Thanks for the input.

Personally I would sell that Goerend and have Darren build you a valvebody. I wish I had done that in hindsight. Also, I don't know if you already have one, but Phil Taylor sells a flexplate stiffener with his torque converters that are cheap, and seem to work great. He swears by them.

That shaft should work well too. I was on my 2nd 35psi+ 4wd launch of the night I got my transmission rebuilt with Hobie's used tcs shaft when my intermediate broke. (stupid I know) It did hold though. LOL

LPW pan
pressure gauge?
temp gauge?

Thanks for the input.

Steel front planet is a must. 6 in od brake is a good idea, od direct should be ok with a 10 clutch pack, a gauge will be nice to check everything after the build is done and diag any problems. The standard tcs shaft is very tough as well

Personally I would sell that Goerend and have Darren build you a valvebody. I wish I had done that in hindsight. Also, I don't know if you already have one, but Phil Taylor sells a flexplate stiffener with his torque converters that are cheap, and seem to work great. He swears by them.

I'll ask Phil about that. Still need to buy a flexplate too actually. Little too late to sell the Goerend. I'm already 3/4 the way done installing the transgo kit in it lol. Kind of found out about that afterward. I was gonna go with Darren, but decided to try the $100 kit first myself to see if I could do it. If it don't work out well, he's my back up plan.

That shaft should work well too. I was on my 2nd 35psi+ 4wd launch of the night I got my transmission rebuilt with Hobie's used tcs shaft when my intermediate broke. (stupid I know) It did hold though. LOL

What kind of power are you putting down?

Steel front planet is a must. 6 in od brake is a good idea, od direct should be ok with a 10 clutch pack, a gauge will be nice to check everything after the build is done and diag any problems. The standard tcs shaft is very tough as well

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I've seen you post stuff about govn weights? What's the deal with those.

Also forgot still need the flexplate, and I have a 48RE OD section I'm gonna take apart and see if I can swap those parts into the 47RH OD.

Not as much as I'd like for sure. The last time I dynoe'd was 388 on a non loaded dyno with a slipping torque converter. The night I got it running it was night and day difference with the triple disc though. Now I can't get my transmission right to start putting the 75 on sitting in my bedroom.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I've seen you post stuff about govn weights? What's the deal with those.

Also forgot still need the flexplate, and I have a 48RE OD section I'm gonna take apart and see if I can swap those parts into the 47RH OD.

Your weights shoud be fine if it was a diesel trans. There is a sonnax valve that i use in the govenor opposite the weights. Seems to help if your factory valve is showing any wear at all.

Just placed a order with Phil at DPC for a reman triple disc and his laminated flexplate.

Transmission currently:
TCS servo
TCS 2nd gear accum
TCS apply, anchor, strut
Seal kit
New wide 2nd gear band
DPC reman triple disc
DPC Flexplate
Isspro Temp Gauge
LPW pan

Ordering soon:
TCS Input

pressure gauge- are most doing a permanent or temporary?

Last edited:
180 is the one I have, I was thinking there was two options. I just have it in the middle port on the passenger side.

Ok I'll look into that. I would have to get a single pod to go somewhere. Ran out of space already and I have 7 gauges lol. I have got all EV1 mechanical so far.

Ok I'll look into that. I would have to get a single pod to go somewhere. Ran out of space already and I have 7 gauges lol. I have got all EV1 mechanical so far.

I'm ditching my EV1 mechanicals for auto meter soon because Isspro still hasn't come out with 100psi mechanical boost gauges

What pods do you have? There's the 3 pillar, 3 or for you could put over the mirror, the 3 gauge dash pod, and the single pods for the steering column and cubby hole. Lots of options

I'm ditching my EV1 mechanicals for auto meter soon because Isspro still hasn't come out with 100psi mechanical boost gauges

What pods do you have? There's the 3 pillar, 3 or for you could put over the mirror, the 3 gauge dash pod, and the single pods for the steering column and cubby hole. Lots of options

I have three on the dash. Three on the pillar and one on the steering column. Isspro does make mechanical 100psi boost. That's what I have in mine right now. Check out diesel manor. My places don't list them I think cause they want to sell you the more expensive EV2. I kinda like my cubby hole for the cell phone though.

Back