My Buddy's latest tow setup

Subman631

This setup belongs to a good friend of mine, it's about the third or forth setup he has built. His tow dolly is a work of art as is the boat loader. The 5th wheel is a 2014 Mobil Suites 38RSB4 which actually tapes out at 40 ft. Weighted across the Prineville scales on the way home.....38,000 lbs. A little heavier that anticipated.:lolly:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
I saw him coming through town the other day, definitely caused a double take lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good lord. That wouldn't fly in Pa. Please fill us in on how he gets that boat on the roof. Also hope that truck is destroked.:lolly:

I've never seen a set up like that. I have seen boats towed behind the fifth wheel, never on the truck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see more pics.
What brand hitch does he run or is it custom built to run that tow dolly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it, it adds more brakes and gvw, UPS runs three dolly trains down the highway

I'll load up some pictures of the boat hauler, he built everything himself, boat hauler and dolly. Hitch is a custom one he built. He has the dolly rigged up with airbags so he can change the camber on the dolly and allows him to back the 5th wheel.

Attachments

• boat loader.JPG
    boat loader.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • reduced 1.jpg
    reduced 1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • reduced 2.jpg
    reduced 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • reduced 3.jpg
    reduced 3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
more pictures of earlier trailers/5th wheels and loader with first gen dolly

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0227_2.JPG
    IMG_0227_2.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0226_1.JPG
    IMG_0226_1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0225_3.JPG
    IMG_0225_3.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Here is a couple more. He sold the 450 and got a believe it's a 2012 350. He really does his homework and figured out he liked the gear ratio better on the 350 and it was rated for more weight. Has a shop at his place in Powell Butte Oregon and does deletes, gauges, tuners, loft pumps, small stuff no major overhaul. It's totally a hobby because he takes his time and treats your truck like it was his own. He has to have the zip ties lined up exactly or it drives him nuts. Very anal but if you buy something from him, (like one of his trucks) you are getting one that is in better condition then when it was new and spotless with all the goodies.

Attachments

• IMG_0159_3.jpg
    IMG_0159_3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0163_6.JPG
    IMG_0163_6.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 0
Back