My son wants to get saved!

Saved from what? If my kid walks up to me and says they need to be saved I say go play and don't say that BS again.

Dont let anyone shoot you and your son down! The Lord's blessing and love are REAL! When you have nothing and are down and out, God is always there for you! Your son is a blessing to you and your family! Love him, support him and be a great example for him. He may fall times and times again, but DO NOT give up and show him the love God shows us. God Bless you and your family!

Wade, don't let these guys deter you. Jesus was only 12 when He taught in the temple, and all the "older" patriarchs were AMAZED at His knowledge.
And, before you guys go shooting that down, the bible is VERY CLEAR, Jesus was a man "like as we are".

Here's a fellow Christian prayin you can be the man/dad Jesus is asking you to be!

WOW!!! I didn't think that I would be reading posts like most have posted in this DFC thread!! I guess the boy understands more than some on here!

I am completely against the whole brainwashing of children to carry on your own religious beliefs, BUT as long as the wacko religion nut jobs keep it HERE I say just ignore it and let them be.

To each his own

Do what is right for your family. I don't think a 5 year old is ready however it is your son and if the pastor and you his family think he is ready, I say go for it. Once saved, you try to live as sin free as possible, but we all slip. No matter if you are 5 or 35, you do NOT know everything about our Lord and Savior and never will. We learn everyday! God Bless you and yours.

If you are reading a Diesels for Christ thread, you must have some interest!!!! If not please do not hijack and put down the Christian faith. Thanks

If you are reading a Diesels for Christ thread, you must have some interest!!!! If not please do not hijack and put down the Christian faith. Thanks

In my defense I was given a link to this thread because it was a good read. Other than that I have never been in here because it isn't anything I am interested in.

I would love to be assured that I would go to heaven when I die. I'm not against it in any way, I wish I could believe such a thing. Just because I haven't been "saved," doesn't mean I haven't tried to lead a respectable life. But with a kid at such a young age, it's just brain washing to me. There is no real understanding. I usually stay out of this area because I think arguing about it is pointless and you can do what you want, but the kid doesn't even have a choice. I wouldn't want to go against my parents at such a young age either. Like I said before, I've tried many times to understand it, and thanks to good friends, I've learned a lot about it. But people like Diesel Power make me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

(Sorry Phil, I tried)

Last edited:
If their is no heaven, no hope for eternity, no salvation, no hell, no devil, just ceasing to exist and the lights are turned out, then why even remain living. The sad part is, for those who go to heaven and their loved ones don't, Jesus will wipe away every tear and the lost will not be remembered, as if they never existed.

It cost's nothing to believe, what will it cost to be wrong.

I am a Christian, and believe me when I tell you that nothing else will make such a positive change in your life.

Its really pretty simple, confess your sins, ask for forgiveness and believe that Jesus is the son of God, who was sacrificed to pay our sin debt, and was resurrected from the dead. That hole inside you that you keep trying to fill with worldly things and sin, will be filled with grace. Take it from a sinner, their is nothing greater!

Amen!!! Heart filled with LOVE and Truth! When you are at your lowest and have lost everything or you or your loved one is on deaths door, who do you ask to help? Our Lord Jesus Christ!

If their is no heaven, no hope for eternity, no salvation, no hell, no devil, just ceasing to exist and the lights are turned out, then why even remain living. The sad part is, for those who go to heaven and their loved ones don't, Jesus will wipe away every tear and the lost will not be remembered, as if they never existed.

It cost's nothing to believe, what will it cost to be wrong.

I am a Christian, and believe me when I tell you that nothing else will make such a positive change in your life.

Its really pretty simple, confess your sins, ask for forgiveness and believe that Jesus is the son of God, who was sacrificed to pay our sin debt, and was resurrected from the dead. That hole inside you that you keep trying to fill with worldly things and sin, will be filled with grace. Take it from a sinner, their is nothing greater!
And there is more of it. Why would I want to forget those that I love just because they chose not to believe in something they couldn't see, feel, believe, etc etc. That is a horrible thing to say. The lack of compassion from people of religion gets to me the most. I am pretty sure my Grandma would never want to forget about me.

Secondly, what sins? I don't feel I need to be saved, I don't do horrible things, I don't lie, cheat, steal, kill, or even take advantage of. I have a family I love, and they love me, and great friends. Why do I need to believe that what I have here is nothing, and I need more? Do I question what happens when I die? sure, do I need to make up an excuse in hopes that there is something more? no, not really.

It seems to me, one of two things happen. Either you are raised around the fact that there is a God, and you must do exactly as he wishes, and know no different. Or you are "lost," so to speak, in life. And need help in finding a better path. Which I think is great for some. But to say you are better then others, and deserve more, just because you fall into those categories? Sorry, I will never buy it as long as you feel that way.

Last edited:
And there is more of it. Why would I want to forget those that I love just because they chose not to believe in something they couldn't see, feel, believe, etc etc. That is a horrible thing to say. The lack of compassion from people of religion gets to me the most. I am pretty sure my Grandma would never want to forget about me.

Secondly, what sins? I don't feel I need to be saved, I don't do horrible things, I don't lie, cheat, steal, kill, or even take advantage of. I have a family I love, and they love me, and great friends. Why do I need to believe that what I have here is nothing, and I need more? Do I question what happens when I die? sure, do I need to make up an excuse in hopes that there is something more? no, not really.

It seems to me, one of two things happen. Either you are raised around the fact that there is a God, and you must do exactly as he wishes, and know no different. Or you are "lost," so to speak, in life. And need help in finding a better path. Which I think is great for some. But to say you are better then others, and deserve more, just because you fall into those categories? Sorry, I will never buy it as long as you feel that way.

It's not a lack of compassion, how much compassion is involved in having someone DIE for you, before you even existed.

Just because one is a "GOOD" person, means nothing in regard to salvation, you are saved by grace, not by your works or deeds.

If you look on another woman with lust, thats a sin. If you curse thats a sin, If you covet, thats a sin. If you have ever stolen, lied, commited adultry, had sex out of wedlock, harbored an ill thought against someone, then you have commited sin and it remains. There are many other sins which one can commit.

Jesus came into existance because man could not obey the law established from God to Moses and the Jews. They had to be righteous, without sin and pure of heart to keep the law, the 12 tribes of Israel will also not be judged as a covenant through Abraham. The new testament, or new covenant between man and God almightly was created for use sinners, so we may be saved through God's grace, we don't get a free pass like the 12 tribes, and can't be righteous, but after all, who could.

Either you believe one side or another, at any rate the other side I refuse to believe, Big bang theory, and being a slug crawling out of the ocean, evolving into man. On that side of things, as being created through chance, guess what, for their having been a "big bang" that created the universe, something had to exist to begin with to go "bang". Explain that one!

Point is, you are one or the other in regard to "creation" or "evolution", those are the only choices. Its not like their is life on other planets, or a direct link between man and primates. We are not the biggest, nor the strongest, nor the mightiest of numbers, never the less we are at the top of the food chain, and can only communicate with our own species. Sure a monkey might understand our instruction, even a dog or cat, but can we understand their sounds, we are truely different.

I would like to see everyone saved, sad truth is many will not be. Their is a knock at the door, will you answer or will you ingore?

Just because one is a "GOOD" person, means nothing in regard to salvation, you are saved by grace, not by your works or deeds.

So it doesn't matter what I do in life as long as I decide to be saved? Yup, another problem there.. Someone can do all things horrible, but decide they have done wrong, and choose to be saved, and all is good again. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

I know just as much about something crawling out of the water as I do someone creating anything. I'm not an Atheist. Until I see good reason to believe completely one way or the other, I will just be me, and whatever happens, happens.

And at such a young age, either God hated me, or didn't want to talk to me, cause I didn't "hear" squat.

Back