My son wants to get saved!

So it doesn't matter what I do in life as long as I decide to be saved? Yup, another problem there.. Someone can do all things horrible, but decide they have done wrong, and choose to be saved, and all is good again. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

I know just as much about something crawling out of the water as I do someone creating anything. I'm not an Atheist. Until I see good reason to believe completely one way or the other, I will just be me, and whatever happens, happens.

And at such a young age, either God hated me, or didn't want to talk to me, cause I didn't "hear" squat.

The biggest sin of all, worse than murder is PRIDE. It is pride that keeps you from needing salvation, and pride that will eventually kill you, as the wages for sin are death. These aren't my words, these are of the Almighty.

Call upon him with sincerity and you will be made to hear clearly!

I had many of the same thoughts and beliefs as you, I really thought I was too smart to believe in it all. I was at the point of losing all the things I now hold as the dearest, wife, child, marriage, and would have led to the loss of my business and ultimately my life through suicide. Luckily I was sanctified through my wifes rededication to Christianity, and gave in.

I AM NEW, thats all the proof I have to offer, and I am smart enough to know its real. The Holy Spirit resides within me, and keeps me on the narrow path.

Jesus is the TRUTH, what is written by the desciples are real accounts of the way it is, and will be.

Jesus is the WAY, he is your intercessor to God, he is your direct means of salvation by the grace of God.

Jesus is the LIGHT, all things are revealed in the light, nothing remains hidden.

If you were to read the bible and consider when it was written as well as the timeline it follows, you would know that mere mortal men could not have written it.

Wade, Thats awesome! The single greatest thing in the world is giving ones life to Jesus Christ. I know the Holy Spirit will help you and your wife guide and direct him as he grows. We will continue to pray for you and yours! God Bless!

thats awesome wade i will be praying for you and your family i was born and raised in church but have lived on both sides of the fence and i can honestly say my life is better when im walking with the lord he truely is my best friend but more importantly my savior praise the lord that he is speaking to your son what a blessing that is

Wickedd do you explain how your avitar works through a religious explanation or a scientific one. It seems religions of all sorts were an ancient way of explaining things and gave an early form of law and order to things way back when there was no education. We have a pretty clear picture of how religion is used today in other parts of the world to keep the masses down, uneducated, and controlled. Native cultures throughout the world have different religious beliefs to explain what was unknown. Although religions all seem to have some good principles, and those principles are important. Religious ideology, sermons, and preaching is rapidly losing ground to logic, science, education, and better laws.

Wickedd do you explain how your avitar works through a religious explanation or a scientific one. It seems religions of all sorts were an ancient way of explaining things and gave an early form of law and order to things way back when there was no education. We have a pretty clear picture of how religion is used today in other parts of the world to keep the masses down, uneducated, and controlled. Native cultures throughout the world have different religious beliefs to explain what was unknown. Although religions all seem to have some good principles, and those principles are important. Religious ideology, sermons, and preaching is rapidly losing ground to logic, science, education, and better laws.

There loosing ground in you eye's because the world is serving satan, not GOD.

Go back 100-200 years ago, the world was different place, Bible was tought in school, prayer was in school, Families went to church on sunday, kids got spanked when needed. Kids respected there parents. God was first in most lives in this country.

God blessed this country because HE was the nations God. Today im afraid the country is serving satan, there is evidence of this everywhere and more so now than ever.

Some think that getting a new car brings joy, a House?, a boat? a new girl friend? Money? Job?

well lets face it the new where's off everytime, and you want somthing else...

A person who is truely Saved has joy and peace for all there life on earth and eternity, And has no need to keep searching, for they have found the ultimate gift. Jesus Christ.

Wouldent you like to have a gift that last's forever?

Last edited:
Wade hope this encourages you!

Matthew 18: 1-6
At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven? Ans Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them. And he said , Verily I say unto you, Except you be converted (born again), and become as little children you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receives me. But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which beleive in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:10-14
Take heed that you not despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in Heaventheir angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in Heaven. For the son of man is come tosave that which was lost. How do you think? If a man has an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, does he not leave the ninety and nine, and go into the mountains and seek that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoices more of that sheep, than of the nonety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your father which is in Heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

So how do I pick the correct religion there are over 4,200? I don't want to be saved by the wrong one?

JD, religion does not save you! Christ does.

The Bible is clear that it's Not any religion that will save you, only your acceptance and belife in Christ.

With that said Im a memebr of a Independant Baptist Church--it's called Victory Baptist.

Christ was Baptised, By John the Baptist, This is how far our teachings comes from. This does not mean that it's "THE" religion, as there are many that teach about Christ's salvation, One that teaches about Being Saved By Christ and Baptism afterwards and serving christ after that would be a good start.

i know of Catholics, Methodist, Baptist,Prebetairian,And others who are saved.

It's all about what the Word of GOD says, it's clear "YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN (saved) To enter into the kingdom of heaven"

I would love to be assured that I would go to heaven when I die. I'm not against it in any way, I wish I could believe such a thing. But people like Diesel Power make me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

Well, it sure sounds as though you're against it... only you have the ability to believe or not believe - accountability rests squarely upon your shoulders.

Don't stereotype the group according to the actions of an individual.
Being Christian doesn't mean freedom from sinning (doesn't instantly perfect you) - it means freedom from the punishment of sin (hopefully some of the consequences as well!)...
Don't look to Wade to guide your decision - go straight to the source - ask Jesus.

I AM NEW, thats all the proof I have to offer, and I am smart enough to know its real. The Holy Spirit resides within me, and keeps me on the narrow path.

Jesus is the TRUTH, what is written by the desciples are real accounts of the way it is, and will be.

Jesus is the WAY, he is your intercessor to God, he is your direct means of salvation by the grace of God.

Jesus is the LIGHT, all things are revealed in the light, nothing remains hidden.

If you were to read the bible and consider when it was written as well as the timeline it follows, you would know that mere mortal men could not have written it.

Debate never trumps experience - it's futile to argue against God with someone who knows Him.

Christianity isn't a religion - it's a direct & personal relationship with the Creator of everything.

As far as the tension between science & theology, most scientists conclude that life (even reduced to it's most basic elements) must be of an intelligent design purposed by a creative being... a.k.a. GOD.

Any other explanation simply requires an even greater leap of faith!

A tip for those who doubt the existence of God:
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Last edited:
JD, religion does not save you! Christ does.

The Bible is clear that it's Not any religion that will save you, only your acceptance and belife in Christ.

With that said Im a memebr of a Independant Baptist Church--it's called Victory Baptist.

Christ was Baptised, By John the Baptist, This is how far our teachings comes from. This does not mean that it's "THE" religion, as there are many that teach about Christ's salvation, One that teaches about Being Saved By Christ and Baptism afterwards and serving christ after that would be a good start.

i know of Catholics, Methodist, Baptist,Prebetairian,And others who are saved.

It's all about what the Word of GOD says, it's clear "YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN (saved) To enter into the kingdom of heaven"

Ya I know I just wanted to see the response....

Well, it sure sounds as though you're against it... only you have the ability to believe or not believe - accountability rests squarely upon your shoulders.

Don't stereotype the group according to the actions of an individual.
Being Christian doesn't mean freedom from sinning (doesn't instantly perfect you) - it means freedom from the punishment of sin (hopefully some of the consequences as well!)...
Don't look to Wade to guide your decision - go straight to the source - ask Jesus.

I'm not against it.. I am against people saying they are without a doubt correct. Doesn't matter what side you're on. Not a single person can tell me whether God exists or doesn't. I was brought up around the fact that there is a God. It's peoples perception of what he wants that makes me second guess it.

I'm not against it.. I am against people saying they are without a doubt correct. Doesn't matter what side you're on. Not a single person can tell me whether God exists or doesn't. I was brought up around the fact that there is a God. It's peoples perception of what he wants that makes me second guess it.

Don't forget pride is way worse than murder.

Again! Scenario! Your young child is sick or close to death. Who do you ask for help to save YOUR loved one? Guys you don't make the choice to follow Christ. He enters your soul, your being; removes all the filth,lying,evil from your heart and replaces it with LOVE and a sense of relief. When your soul is "unintentionally open" when your at your lowest, Pride Gone! God will let you know! You can't control that! But when it happens you KNOW IT!
Live On! Wade and Shane, GOD BLESS you and your families!

Not a single person can tell me whether God exists or doesn't.

Well, that's the last time you'll be able to honestly say that...

because this person knows that God exists - we've known each other for a very long time (it's been quite the humbling journey!).

I assert that God is who He says He is - my experience in this matter is unassailable.

Again! Scenario! Your young child is sick or close to death. Who do you ask for help to save YOUR loved one? Guys you don't make the choice to follow Christ. He enters your soul, your being; removes all the filth,lying,evil from your heart and replaces it with LOVE and a sense of relief. When your soul is "unintentionally open" when your at your lowest, Pride Gone! God will let you know! You can't control that! But when it happens you KNOW IT!
Live On! Wade and Shane, GOD BLESS you and your families!

Young children still die that are completly free of "sin"... I guess you still have that "it was there time" to lean on.

It's not perception, it's what the Bible says cleary that matters.

The Bible says you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of God. No translater needed.

if you would like i can give you verses to look up so you can see them for yourself.

He just turned 5 in feb, he goes to a christian school, loves it, comes home with good grades (gets that from his mom) and learns a new bible verse every week. loves God and Loves learning about Jesus.

Well we were sitting in the living room playing Wii and it started to storm outside and he say's to me "Dad i wanna ask jesus to be my saviour" Well i paused the game and smiled. Ask him a few other questions to see how ready he was, and it's almost there, he is not 100% on the death and burial and raised from the dead part, but in a effort to support him in his soon to be life changing choice, i told him how proud of him i was and that i loved him.

We went to church sunday and i told the youth pastor and his teacher that he's been very interested in getting saved and i asked them to help him during school with any questions and maybe in bible class teach more about that topic, so he can be better grounded in Complete understanding of whats going to take place.

Im thrilled at this early decision he's wanting to make all on his own!!

Pray for him to Make his decision soon and that he will continue to grow and serve Christ.

Also Pray that His mom and I will also continue to be good examples for him to follow.

Thanks

Praying for him and the people who have denied Christ, they just dont know what theyre doing, Thank you for fighting the good fight for the true faith!

It's not perception, it's what the Bible says cleary that matters.

The Bible says you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of God. No translater needed.

if you would like i can give you verses to look up so you can see them for yourself.

But what about the children?!?!?! If a child dies days after birth? Is s/he saved? How is this child to be born again if it's sole skill thus far in its short life is to eat, poop and cry?

Back