N.E. Ohio Diesel Drag Race 9-23-07

It was nice seeing Johnboy and Tom again, plus meeting some new guys. Congrats to Larry from Discount Power Parts on his win over me in the final round. Thanks to you guys that put this event together. We had a great time, nice people and a great facility. Thanks Steve B

JOHNBOY said:
Thanks to Grand Rock, CompD, Discount Power Parts, FTE Diesel, Twisted Innovations, Napa, and Thompson raceway.
:thankyou2:
I had a blast1 Good times, good racing, and good people.
:rockwoot:

It was really cool to me some more of the CompD Irregulars. Wayne and Brandon. Wayne your hard core and watching that two peel launch from behind was really cool!:st:

Thanks to Steve B for the whooping in the semis.:rockwoot:

Man what a race! Miss my dial .006 and lose. Now that is awesome close racing. Guess I need to practice the :tree: .:doh:

Ditto. :thankyou2:

Thanks to the sponsors for a great day.

Fun to have one of them running with us too!

I am thinking I like sled pulling better however. Bring the chain tight, wait for 2 green flags, go when you are good and ready....

This :tree: is going to take some practice....:doh: Of course pretending my first time trial was a burnout contest didn't help either my confidence or figuring out my dial. 4WD Dummy! :hehe:

Congrats to Johnboy, Steve B and Larry M for finishing in the money.:rockwoot:

BigB82789 said:
Hey, good to meet you guys today. Never been on this site 'till you guys told me about it. By the way im the kid that didnt race today

Tall guy with goatee? Nice to meet you too.

Wish I could have been there. We have a friend in from Indy this weekend, and I couldnt get away. Larry said it was a great time, and said it was great of steve to help him with his dial in. First time down the track for Larry (ever) in a truck he has owned for a week. He was very excited.

wished I couldnt of made it. I will be at the dyno event.

Patrick, dont forget the canopy. Im bringing my lawn chair

With a chip broke off of the bottom of the shifter, I was able to limp down the track to a pair of 13.5's. It would not go into 4th on the track, the shifter kept jumping out of the shift rail. One run, it took 4 trys to get it into gear. By the time I figured out what was wrong, I swapped one out of my 1st gen, but I was out of N2O.

Had a blast! Thanks for the setup & race Josh! I shoulda brought more sun screen, but that's my own fault.

Hey.... What time do the gates open ?

Just jokin, good show from all that were there. Thanks for makin the trip.

W

Thank you to all of you who came out to this event, I'm glad it was such a nice day, and we had a good turn out. I think I counted like 20 or so trucks, and almost 14 actually raced. It was a nice day out, and it was fun to talk, and meet every one! I'll be talking with the track manager in the days to come, about lining up a FULL ALL DIESEL event! I learned alot at this event, and found out I'm no pro at putting on an event. :doh: I got tons of pictures, and Video's,....unfortunatly I didn't get the final two races...my bad...my camera memory card had gotten full! :doh: Wally at FTEDiesel.com (aka Jack the Bear3) was taking pictures with his badazz camera as well, and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to share his pictures with you guys as well.

Again, thanks again for everyone who came out, and made this a great day!

Thats cool Tom, thanks. I'll be posting up the video's I have either tonight or tomorrow.

Wanna Be In Diesel World Magazine?

Well those of you at the race know I had a few Diesel World banners hanging around. Well I sent in some pictures to my contact there, and they are interested in putting a little story together about the event. SO...what that means is I need some information from those of you who participated in the event. Name, a little truck info., and your times/speed down the quarter! The sooner I get this info the better. You can email it to me, or post it up here, and I'll just cut and paste the info.!

Code:
     1st run   2nd run
60    1.985    2.021
1.8   8.913    8.973
mph  77.346   79.029
1/4  13.576   13.593
mph 107.470  107.828
Too much is better than too little. Those mag editors know how to use the delete key, but when they need more it can get interesting.
Wayne Skeens from Hodgenville, KY
96 Dodge 2500 4x4 NV4500. AFE air filter, Garrett TV81, Precision Turbo PT-68, Haisley intercooler, Flex-a-lite 262 fan, BD turbo guard, ZEX nitrous kit, NXd5000 Nitrous controller, Titanium valve keepers, HD valve springs, 12mm A1 studs, O ringed block, HTT exhaust manifold, TiAL F38, my custom twin piping, clutch made from South Bend and Haisley parts, 1 3/8 SBC input shaft, Fluidampnr, custom high flow fuel system, shurflo pump, aeromotive 13101 regulator, injection pump by Dave's Diesel, injectors from JL Machine.

Back