NADm Announces: Diesel Motorsport Hall of Fame.

I think that you should have a small panel of people, not all from the same association,, and they can vote on the suggestions that are sent in.. I think that would be the only fair way

I'm not concerned about anyone being bias really I just know it WILL be a concern from somebodys view.

I just want to make sure it does not become a popularity contest and have a 100 people in there from the get go!

Dave Mitchell and Erik Stacey come to mind in the pulling category.

I just want to make sure it does not become a popularity contest and have a 100 people in there from the get go!

Well, you actually bid and lobby for the Nobel Peace prize, maybe we should go that route.:hehe:

I thought that was pretty clear... should I have put dead or alive Triton? Would that make it simpiler for you?

Ok, as I was born yesterday.... where in this thread did I cause any problem ? You pointed one out in PM but, I didn't see anything wrong with what was said

Once again..... I listed several whom I thought would be contenders for this type of title. Most were from as you asked "10yrs ago" when they started. I think Scheid is more like 20yrs ago.

I did or said nothing wrong and to get back on track with those names who others feel should have this title.... I'm out.

My nominee from KY is George Peterson. :rockwoot:

Back in the day when it was 8000 street diesel, 26 hitch, and the rest was RWYB, he was kickin arse!

Eric Stacy and Dave Mitchell too, they were at the first extravanganza i went too many years ago.

i see alot of "dodge" related Names...
IMO should be people that have help promote, pioneer the sport accorss the Board. not just one brand.

Joe Web
these people opened the door so it was not "dodge/ford" event and should be included in the picking as well.

Mike Lorvich
Guy Trip
Volnker(sp?) (MDE)
Kieth Balcher
pat/kat mcswain
steve cole
bukhard
tomac
merchant

hall of fame,

well i have to agree on Dave Mitchell an Erik Stacey,Kent Crowder,an I know Gene you said not you,,But in Penn if it was'nt for you 'Mr Gene Mohney',were would we be today,cause I didnt come around till like your second yr or so,you help convice the promotoers back in the day it would work having a diesel class,...and look were we are today,

But in Penn if it was'nt for you 'Mr Gene Mohney',were would we be today,cause I didnt come around till like your second yr or so,you help convice the promotoers back in the day it would work having a diesel class,...and look were we are today,

speaking of Gene Mohney... saw a plaque of him and his truck in greensburg driveshaft today.

Dave Mitchell and Erik Stacey come to mind in the pulling category.

Ditto, I belive when I saw that infamous photo of Dave's white truck with the stacks blowing smoke that is what got me going :)

BBD

IMO should be people that have help promote, pioneer the sport accorss the Board. not just one brand.

J

Adam, there were NO Chevys til about what 05? And only one Ford.......

Still waiting for the "year of the Chevy" thats was promised and promised.....

Ditto, I belive when I saw that infamous photo of Dave's white truck with the stacks blowing smoke that is what got me going :)

BBD

Scott, I had drove Bruce Mallisons truck(Diesel Injection of Pittsburgh) a year before I saw that picture... I was already a TORQUE junkie, but I saw that pic and all I wanted to do was go pound gasser trash on the pulling track.

I hate 1978 Ford Highboys with 460s, it was FUN.

Speaking of Bruce, look him up, also Mark Chapple.

Adam, there were NO Chevys til about what 05? And only one Ford.......

Still waiting for the "year of the Chevy" thats was promised and promised.....
true dmax didnt really get going till the aftermarket caught on..
04 trannies SC, ATS, DTT and several others...
05 weak link rods, efi live/PPE for the masses.. TT started pooping up alot
06 pistons
07 NG hit 1000hp twice.

~5 years of catch up on aftermarket they are doign pretty good. to how long has then PLN B series been around?

dmax aint exactly "seasoned" here gene.....

i havent been screaming that chant.....

though both pops and davis run GM products no? and were did they finish this season?

Last edited:
nowell thomas comes to my mind

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Web
these people opened the door so it was not "dodge/ford" event and should be included in the picking as well.

I doubt it was intentional......

well i have to agree on Dave Mitchell an Erik Stacey,Kent Crowder,an I know Gene you said not you,,But in Penn if it was'nt for you 'Mr Gene Mohney',were would we be today,cause I didnt come around till like your second yr or so,you help convice the promotoers back in the day it would work having a diesel class,...and look were we are today,

I concur

speaking of Gene Mohney... saw a plaque of him and his truck in greensburg driveshaft today.
:nopics:

true dmax didnt really get going till the aftermarket caught on..

~5 years of catch up on aftermarket they are doign pretty good. to how long has then PLN B series been around?

dmax aint exactly "seasoned" here gene.....

though both pops and davis run GM products no? and were did they finish this season?

Exactly, thats why it should be a few years before Duramax is mentioned in a hall of fame.

You need to go to the ROOTS of the sport for a HOF, Duramax came later, with the aftermarket riding on technology they learned fooling with the Ford and Dodge.
Its nothing to be ashamed of, its just the way it happened. If anyone knows of a 6.2 or 6.5 Chevy that did ANYTHING back in the day, please post.

I would bet a lot most Chevy Duramax owners dont even KNOW what a 6.2 6.5 IS, let alone know if they ever did anything besides break.

The "Year" of the Duramax was brought up on the Chevy boards, when Tomac would get a win. They all decided they were better than Mike, and they were going to win also. Sadly for them, the Dodges never let up, and the Duramax "domination" that was sang from the church steeples never happened.

Pops and Davis will both tell you, while they have had great seasons, and plenty of wins, the brand didn't dominate anything.

My nominee from KY is George Peterson. :rockwoot:

George would get in for Number of hooks on one truck, has to be near 1000, and number of Dodge Cummins sold at Shelbyville Dodge,because they watched him hook the night before!

Bruce Mallison Is The First Man That Did Work On My Truck In 95,an Boy Did It Run,a Lot Of People Have No Idea Who This Man Is,he Owns Pittsburgh Diesel Injection,he A Good Man That Has Done A Lot In The Diesel World,..an Mark Chapplel Is His Partner,he Owns Tst Products,you Can't Ask For Better People,very Honest Trustworthy People,if You Don't Know These Guys,start Do'n Your Home Work Boys.

Exactly, thats why it should be a few years before Duramax is mentioned in a hall of fame.

You need to go to the ROOTS of the sport for a HOF, Duramax came later, with the aftermarket riding on technology they learned fooling with the Ford and Dodge.
Its nothing to be ashamed of, its just the way it happened. If anyone knows of a 6.2 or 6.5 Chevy that did ANYTHING back in the day, please post.

I would bet a lot most Chevy Duramax owners dont even KNOW what a 6.2 6.5 IS, let alone know if they ever did anything besides break.

The "Year" of the Duramax was brought up on the Chevy boards, when Tomac would get a win. They all decided they were better than Mike, and they were going to win also. Sadly for them, the Dodges never let up, and the Duramax "domination" that was sang from the church steeples never happened.

Pops and Davis will both tell you, while they have had great seasons, and plenty of wins, the brand didn't dominate anything.

true in domination... show up at a sled pull dodge out number everyone else 2:1

and yes i know what a 6.9idi 7.3idi 6.2/6.5idis are ;)

I know if it weren't for watchin stacey pull for yrs and mitchell I wouldn't be pullin in this class! And what about them 2 and scheids and haisley for doing this for yrs and every year raising the bar in technology! They went every where in the U.S for nothing but to spread the diesel truck popularity!

Back