NADM Opener 2/23 n Bakersfield, Ca. Who's going?

Just read in another thread 1 of stuckeys POPs was just a boot, dunno about the other.

I just got home. The sled pull was short and of course wished it would have started earlier in the day. By the time the sled was moving, wind picked up a bit too much. It tosses us around almost the whole way home! Toms truck came in 2nd with brad driving. Thanks Brad and Susie for helping with the truck, it was so nice to meet you both! Tom listened on the cell phone during the pulls. he was more bummed about not being there. All in all good showing for the event i think, but wished things would have run quicker. I know the weather had a lot to do with it! See ya'll next time!

I just know Howard (strokin_early99) took second, but not sure which class. In the drag racing, Idahorob almost managed a double, winning Quick Diesel and taking runner-up in Brackets (I lost to Rob when we were down to 6 trucks, hit the brakes too hard and let him by). His truck was pretty dang impressive, considering he drove it down from Idaho and raced on street tires.

Unlimited Street was dominated by Phillip Palmer in the Stuckey Racing truck. They didn't actually run eliminations in Pro (it was only Banks and the Dirtymax truck licensing on single passes). IIRC, Banks ran 8.20, 8.06, and 8.05. I'll try to post video when I get to a faster internet connection. I'm posting this from the pits at Famoso, where a bunch of us camped last night.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I just got home. The sled pull was short and of course wished it would have started earlier in the day. By the time the sled was moving, wind picked up a bit too much. It tosses us around almost the whole way home! Toms truck came in 2nd with brad driving. Thanks Brad and Susie for helping with the truck, it was so nice to meet you both! Tom listened on the cell phone during the pulls. he was more bummed about not being there. All in all good showing for the event i think, but wished things would have run quicker. I know the weather had a lot to do with it! See ya'll next time!

Sara:

sorry I missed you and didn't say Hi.......

Tom's truck ran awesome with Brad driving it for the first time.

I tried to talk Craig into saying that he had raffled Tom's truck off with the highest bidder driving it in front of the sled:hehe::hehe::hehe:

weather was pretty dicey at the motel in Bakersfield, sounded like the roof was peeling off all night long, this morning everything was calm until I hit Stockton, then wind and hard rain the rest of the way home.

big jake

In order to compete at the Pro level with Casper, we had to tow it to the starting line.

Everyone was calling me an Ahole!! :confused:

What am I doing wrong???? :mad:

towvechicle.JPG

Sara:

sorry I missed you and didn't say Hi.......

Tom's truck ran awesome with Brad driving it for the first time.

I tried to talk Craig into saying that he had raffled Tom's truck off with the highest bidder driving it in front of the sled:hehe::hehe::hehe:

weather was pretty dicey at the motel in Bakersfield, sounded like the roof was peeling off all night long, this morning everything was calm until I hit Stockton, then wind and hard rain the rest of the way home.

big jake

Jake! I missed seeing you! AHH... I mainly hung around Craigs booth. I missed so many people yesterday.yeah that would have been funny if craig said it was raffled off! I hope you are good and come out to some events!
Hope everyone made it home safely since it was UGLY drive up the grapevine!

Had a great time and it was wonderful to see so many folks from all over the country. Seems like forever since the last event. Cant wait for the next one now. The weather was off and on but really never rained until most everyone had left. Good to see you Sare and Craig too.
Tom, your truck ran great. Brad did a great job driving it. See you all at the next one.
Betty:rockwoot:

event turned out great. We had to leave the hotel at 5 this morning to get to the airport. Bad winds and rain all the way. I dont know who came up with sunny California and happy cows. All I seen was dust, cows that looked like they are on crack and one big tumbleweed that about took out the rental car. But who am I kidding I wouldnt trade a minute of it. Thank god pulling season is here.

NADM did an outstanding job first time out of the gate the racers out numbered the sled pullers big time, I think we had like only 16-18 pullers. We should call this the tumbleweed pulls :) I swear I was almost takin out by a big one mid way through. The track was the best we have seen out this way lots of folks left rubber on the track it was tight for sure. a true East coast track prepared by East coast folks and we even had one the East coats best drivers :) good seeing you Brad.

I don't have official results but I am sure Gene will get them up when he can. Big congrates to all who pulled I know there was some cranage out there. Joel from J&H took first in SS and Brad behind the wheel of Tom's truck took second it apperead they had some traction issues still. No mod class :( It was getting dark quick but looks like we didn't need the light towers.

It was good seeing folks I hadn't seen in a long time, hope every body had a safe trip home.

BBD

Well all I can say is that it was a great event. It was nice only having to drive 12 hours rather than the 24+ it usually takes us to get to this size of an event.

Tom's truck ran great with Brad driving it. :rockwoot: After our drive all we got was a 45 foot pull and 2 cracked injectors tips on our 3rd gen. and a broken front axle at about 20 feet with our silver truck. It was still great to come out and see everyone.

Big thanks to the NADM. :clap:

Thanks Everyone, I had a great time :rockwoot: Great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends.

Set a new best in Wendy in the 1/4 and then hooked her to the sled first time. She did great, driver made some errors. I don't even know where I placed. It was getting cold and windy, had to take the hamsters back to the truck.

Had a great time, bringing the trailer was the best. We ran poorly on the strip, you could hear the flaring of our shifts on the video.

Yeah that was an awesome event, and a great sled pull track, to bad there were not very many entries and I don't think there were any 2.8 trucks. Real good turnout for the drag races though.

did shane get the twins to light on the silver truck brian. I hope that you got a video to watch. that sucks to hear though

Good turnout I thought. Tech for drag racing was a little SLOWER than other races I have been to but it gave time to chat and meet other drivers.

I had a blast, my truck turned out to be a consistent brick on the drag strip. The sled track was very tight, had me worried I was going to "Cole" the drive train but managed to make it out without any broken parts.

David, Gene and all the NADM staff did an outstanding job. I hope you do another event out west. I will make sure to attend.

It was nice to meet quite a few racers and was able to compete in my first competitive event. NADM put on a great opener for 08 and I'm glad I was part of it. :clap:

Thanks to NADM for putting on a great event, I had a great time. Oh, and thanks for the trophy and check for the win in the bracket class:D Cant wait till next time!

I had a blast, my truck turned out to be a consistent brick on the drag strip. The sled track was very tight, had me worried I was going to "Cole" the drive train but managed to make it out without any broken parts.

Howard's Drag and Pull Videos are up (4x4 Diesel Truck Events) as are Angela's and Cole's pulls. I have video's of a few other's (both drags and pulls), so if you're looking for someone in particular let me know. One of my kiddos did some of the recording of the pulls, so quality may be iffy.

Looking for anything anyone may have of 413 if you could check. First time at the track and Im hooked :D Thanks, I appreciate it.

SIKDMAXAtTheTrackresized.jpg

Back