NADM @ Weekend on the Edge - Salt Lake City - September 3rd & 4th

the pulls were great. The track was one of the softest we have had around here. I think there was just over 50 hooks! Including 5 mod trucks. Huge thanks to the NADM for putting this one on and BBD for coming out.

Doesn't make much sense to me to use RT to determine who gets the bye pass in Porstreet. Obviously that makes sense in brackets or indexing racing but not heads up. Whoever decided that took what should have been the finals as the semifinals, and literally gave it to a 12 sec truck. That truck may have won anyway, due to the one timing out and Trent breaking, but RT should not be used in Prostreet to determine who gets the bye round.

figures this comment would be from you. They used R/T then laddered. I gave trent double the 2nd place prize because I agreed with him. But we couldnt change it at that time. His truck was broke. As a racer my self everyone should know who is left in the class.

I'm surprised a 12 second truck was even running PS. Sounds like you guys had a good turn out.... that's all that matters. I bet Edge looks forward to next year now.

Doesn't make much sense to me to use RT to determine who gets the bye pass in Porstreet. Obviously that makes sense in brackets or indexing racing but not heads up. Whoever decided that took what should have been the finals as the semifinals, and literally gave it to a 12 sec truck. That truck may have won anyway, due to the one timing out and Trent breaking, but RT should not be used in Prostreet to determine who gets the bye round.

I'm surprised a 12 second truck was even running PS. Sounds like you guys had a good turn out.... that's all that matters. I bet Edge looks forward to next year now.

I was wondering the same thing, but it makes sense. I was very surprised to see a 12 sec truck in prostreet. Thanks to NADM for coming out and helping us make a good show.

yea both us and trent didnt realize there was another truck that had a bye run , guess we should have payed more attention

figures this comment would be from you. They used R/T then laddered. I gave Trent double the 2nd place prize because I agreed with him. But we couldn't change it at that time. His truck was broke. As a racer my self everyone should know who is left in the class.

Seems you said in an earlier post that the track was yours, you did the tech and most would assume you were in charge of the racing too. Appears there was a lack of communication between the people who were putting on the race and the people who were running the track. That's too bad for Trent but again I have to agree everyone should know who is still running in your class. The people pairing up the drivers usually let you know who is running who and who gets the bye. In heads up racing the quickest ET in the previous round should get the bye and laddering should be by ET not RT. That is something that should have been worked out with the track officials before hand.

Another thing that should be looked into, (at all of these races regardless of the organization who is putting on the race) is a maximum allowable ET to enter these heads up classes. These high hp trucks are temperamental enough as it is to keep running without having to wade through a bunch of slow trucks during eliminations. It's no fun to watch and forces the fast trucks to run additional rounds they really shouldn't have to. The slower trucks realistically don't have a chance unless what happened in this race happens, driver error, (time out or red light) or the fast truck breaks. Any truck can enter but they have to post at least a certain ET to get into the eliminations. That will eliminate the ones that have no chance of making the required ET.

Last edited:
Another thing that should be looked into, (at all of these races regardless of the organization who is putting on the race) is a maximum allowable ET to enter these heads up classes. These high hp trucks are temperamental enough as it is to keep running without having to wade through a bunch of slow trucks during eliminations. It's no fun to watch and forces the fast trucks to run additional rounds they really shouldn't have to. The slower trucks realistically don't have a chance unless what happened in this race happens, driver error, (time out or red light) or the fast truck breaks. Any truck can enter but they have to post at least a certain ET to get into the eliminations. That will eliminate the ones that have no chance of making the required ET.

Giving this a bit more thought, maybe in this case, the max ET should be set at 11.49. That means you have to have at least a roll bar to enter and be legal. Adjustments could be made depending on the orginization and their paticular class rules.

Racing

Sorry Ken, I don't agree. If these so called fast trucks are worried about racing a 12 sec. truck they are in bad shape anyway! I would want to race all the slow trucks, Makes for a easy pass in my book. If not for some of these slow truck there wouldn't be very big fields at some races. Jeff

imo it sucks for that 12 second truck to have to rely on the faster truck to redlight or break

we knew Trent was gonna wax the floor with us but we still gave it the best we could

imo it sucks for that 12 second truck to have to rely on the faster truck to redlight or break

we knew Trent was gonna wax the floor with us but we still gave it the best we could

kinda like how the 12 second truck knew trent and others would wax the floor with him, but he still gave it the best he could?

Thanks for the video, I wish you would have shown the other trucks times on trents runs as it was mine, but i understand why you didn't. The elimination round of myself vs. trent was quite fun, after the race told me he had a leak in the header that he didn't know about before our race, and had a hard time getting them lit off the line so i got a big jump on him, it was quite the sight watching him fly past me at the finish line. I thought I was going to get him but he was going so fast, truely awesome. my best run of the night was a time only run before the finals, it was a new personal best of 11.51 with the last 1/3 running on an empty bottle my speed was only 115 and i have been around 119-121 a few times.

I decided to try and run all 3 classes as i could meet the maximum index for the 2 fast classes easily and bracket racing is fun for me. man was i busy, got a lot of passes which is good as i am a rookie at drag racing and was wanting to get some practice. I would finish my race and have to go right back to the staging lanes all night. really fun, but i don't think I will do that again, need more time between rounds to fill bottles and so on, very fun night though will be there again next year.

kinda like how the 12 second truck knew trent and others would wax the floor with him, but he still gave it the best he could?

After seeing that truck run with the auto in it, I'm going to have to talk to Kyle about building one for me.

Awesome work and running all three classes just goes to show what these things can do.

Thanks for the video, I wish you would have shown the other trucks times on trents runs as it was mine, but i understand why you didn't. The elimination round of myself vs. trent was quite fun, after the race told me he had a leak in the header that he didn't know about before our race, and had a hard time getting them lit off the line so i got a big jump on him, it was quite the sight watching him fly past me at the finish line. I thought I was going to get him but he was going so fast, truely awesome. my best run of the night was a time only run before the finals, it was a new personal best of 11.51 with the last 1/3 running on an empty bottle my speed was only 115 and i have been around 119-121 a few times.

I decided to try and run all 3 classes as i could meet the maximum index for the 2 fast classes easily and bracket racing is fun for me. man was i busy, got a lot of passes which is good as i am a rookie at drag racing and was wanting to get some practice. I would finish my race and have to go right back to the staging lanes all night. really fun, but i don't think I will do that again, need more time between rounds to fill bottles and so on, very fun night though will be there again next year.

At 13:33 you can see your time of 11.70, I was trying to get every ones times, but got a little distracted and didn't get a good look at yours. Will try to make sure I get every ones next year. Good runs though, that was cool to watch you in every class.

on edit: The video is 14 minutes long, and it only shows 10 minutes of it on photobucket...WTF :nail:

Here is the entire video on my Facebook...you will have to become my friend to watch it :kick:
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Last edited:
Sorry Ken, I don't agree. If these so called fast trucks are worried about racing a 12 sec. truck they are in bad shape anyway! I would want to race all the slow trucks, Makes for a easy pass in my book. If not for some of these slow truck there wouldn't be very big fields at some races. Jeff

Knew you wouldn't Jeff but that is alright. I'm most worried about the cummins.

After seeing that truck run with the auto in it, I'm going to have to talk to Kyle about building one for me.

Awesome work and running all three classes just goes to show what these things can do.

thanks and yes Kyle built me a real sweet trans, never had any trans temp issues either can't say how happy i am with the auto over the 5 speed it had before. running all the classes was very busy but the truck never had any problems very fun night.

Got in this morning around 11:00 and wanted to say a quick thank you to the NADM, Edge folks, and there sponsor for a fine event. Also the Untied Pullers crew who worked the track and did the best they could with the less than desirable soil/sand conditions they had to work with. It was nice to meet some folks from here and put some more faces to names. Also a big personal thank you to all the folks at a local shop Wild Diesel for there hospitality and offering us the use there shop if needed, it was fun hanging out with you all during this event, I can’t wait to see a video of that new pro mod screaming down the track it’s going to be awesome :Cheer:

Here is video of our run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGwq5WXBCLw

BBD

I want to thank everyone involved in making Weekend on the Edge a success! The guys who read my plea here to show the SLC/RMR that a diesel event could stand on it's own to our sponsors and vendors who made the event possible.

Not only did we show them that enough competitors could show but entertain the 3000 spectators who showed up to watch for a normal length of time at the track.

Same goes for the sled pull, enough competitors of top quality to entertain close to 3000 fans in the seats, in fact most did not want to leave!

Special thanks goes to Edge, Premier Performance, AirDog, K&N, and the United Truck & Tractor Pullers!

Personal thanks goes to Gene, Chuck, Tracy, Jared, Mike, Fabian, Brandon, Bryce, Josh, and Jim for great promotions.

All the other vendors and supporters of the event including local diesel shops and diesel clubs we made Weekend on the Edge a true National event with all three diesel activities available with success, drag racing, dyno and pulling!:clap::clap::clap:

Back