New engine build Scania DC1601 for our semi truckpuller.

This is how Lenny operates, Craps on everyone else's accomplishments and backs it up with nothing.

This is how Lenny operates, Craps on everyone else's accomplishments and backs it up with nothing.

If Lieffi is Lenny I no longer will be wasting time on him, done so in the past when he was sending me fishing mail asking me load of stuff and part numbers.

If Lieffi is Lenny I no longer will be wasting time on him, done so in the past when he was sending me fishing mail asking me load of stuff and part numbers.

Good thing is you couldn't help me with nothing so no harm done.

You get about the same power from L10 than from 855, a little bit more from M11 converted to mechanical.

Are we talking flywheel horsepower or rear wheel horse power?! That's a lot of power out of an 855, too.

If I could get 800 hp out of my 855 I'd be ecstatic! I don't think I'd ever happen, though.

Are we talking flywheel horsepower or rear wheel horse power?! That's a lot of power out of an 855, too.

If I could get 800 hp out of my 855 I'd be ecstatic! I don't think I'd ever happen, though.

Flywheel, measured on engine dyno.

800-850 should be possible for road use, those race engines smoke white all the time when idling and spit raw fuel out of exhaust, not good for working truck. I think the biggest mistake people do with 855 is they follow Bruces advice and retard timing too much.

Well you're probably talking big cams, I'm talking my small cam. I don't see that making 850 horse. I'm going to retard the timing a bit to keep it from melting down.

I'm talking pulling application, not work application.

Well you're probably talking big cams, I'm talking my small cam. I don't see that making 850 horse. I'm going to retard the timing a bit to keep it from melting down.

I'm talking pulling application, not work application.

Small Cam not possible I think. Retarded timing melts it, advanced cracks pistons if lugged too much.

Oh, somehow I thought it was yours, there was some talk about it here.

Attached 1096 hp dyno sheet of L10 race engine, 2600 rpm, 3,5 bar, I don't have the sheet of the highest run that was 1156 with minor boost leak.

Volvo dynoing was made at Maha rolling road so it needed some tricks to get some numbers above 850 hp, not very valid numbers.

It looks like Patria dyno test record.:poke:

Post the readable sheet

It looks like Patria dyno test record.:poke:

Post the readable sheet

Don't have any better, took it with cellphone camera. I can read hp, boost and rpm numbers from that pic, what else is needed ? I left the upper part off the pic on purpose.

You get about the same power from L10 than from 855, a little bit more from M11 converted to mechanical.

What the lift of the injection lobe in those engines and what do the travel of the injector end up being.

Last weekend we spend testing the Scania XPI engine on the Brands Hatch circuit with race team Santbergen.
Original plan was to test the engine but after the second test session we blow up a turbo only by adding a small bit of fuel over speeding the turbo splitting the compressor wheel in 3 pieces so it was clear it’s time to try a bigger turbocharger.

Low end power of this engine configuration is insane running a 13 AFR with no visible smoke able to power slide with over 100Kmh in 5 gear and they only got 5, but above 2100RPM we are losing power due to the small turbo and we can not yet keep up with the factory 2011 MAN race trucks so last weekend it was like playing cat an mouse around the track being faster out of a corner ending up with a MAN on the back breaking for the next corner.
Get a ton a data to work from and happy that we get the Commonrail engine running better than the old Scania XPI 13L engine with a MAN race EDC fuel pump on it.

We mange to get a 4 place in two of the 5 races but we also had some problems with cooling water for the breaks and intercooler and in during second race a part of the accelerator paddle came off ending up under the break paddle so we had to come in for a pit stop to remove the lose part.

Still smell the unburned fuel of the Cummins L10 engines running B division trucks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0onoPztQY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0onoPztQY[/ame]

Last edited:
:pop:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywPo9K6zHc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywPo9K6zHc[/ame]

Seems like a faster ratio in the rear end would help a little bit on the big end and wouldn't kill the response coming out of the corners too bad if you didn't make a drastic ratio change.

Back