New guy, old truck

I didn't have the crank sensor plugged on another truck I had and just had no charging. The OD worked just fine.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I was wrong on the crank sensor for the OD it's been a while. I do know there's a few other sensors that play a part in if it works or not like a coolant temp sensor that if the coolant temp is under 60 degrees it won't kick into OD n such.

Maybe I was wrong on the crank sensor for the OD it's been a while. I do know there's a few other sensors that play a part in if it works or not like a coolant temp sensor that if the coolant temp is under 60 degrees it won't kick into OD n such.

Ended up being wrong but by god you jumped in there like you knew it all huh? Lol

Ive always been told that the crank sensor controls ac, cruise, charging, and od. Basically anything the pcm controls. Its good to know it doesn't affect the transmission.

Last edited:
Ended up being wrong but by god you jumped in there like you knew it all huh? Lol

I know my **** pretty good when it comes to 1st gens but since I don't have an autotragic those things get put back in a back corner of my mind n forgot about. I apologize for that.

Ive always been told that the crank sensor controls ac, cruise, charging, and od.

I've read the same thing in more than one place, that doesn't necessarily make it true. I know for sure three of these four items aren't working on my truck and I haven't tried the cruise

As seen in my OP, the truck has some "issues" in the wiring so I need to verify everything else is in order before I start throwing money at it

Back