New NADM Street licensed diesel rule?

I think its a good rule. Just want time to take blocks out of back, and weghts off. If I could detune a little that would be great to. If its not detuned the traffic behind me may not like it, but it will be a fun ride.

HERE IS MY$.02 ON THIS RULE OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT.

FIRST OFF LAST YEAR I THOUGHT THE 2.6 CLASS WENT PRETTY SMOOTH AND PROBABLY WAS THE BIGGEST CLASS @ MOST OF THE PULLS. SO WHY CHANGE WHAT ALREADY OBVIOUSLY WORKED. YOU HAVE A GOOD SET OF RULES THAT ARE FAIRLY EASY TO TECH W/ MINIMAL EFFORT. IF THE TRUCK PASSES TECH THEN THAT SHOULD BE IT. YOU HAVE A GOOD GROUP OF PULLERS THAT SUPPORT THIS CLASS AND THE NADM, MOST OF WHICH BUILD THEIR TRUCKS SO THEY CAN PERFORM TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY AND PUT ON A GOOD SHOW. THIS JUST SEEMS LIKE A BIG HASSEL TO POSSIBLY PUT A PULLER THRU AND ACCOMPLISH NOTHING. THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS TO FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SO USE THEM.:rules:

Well it's intended to be a street legal class. But has become more and more on the none street use area. I think it would be a great rule.

Rules

I love it!!! When they are made to DRIVE there trucks they need to be made to do it "just as they pulled". No weights of course, but tires and all! If there good enough to be called DRIVEABLE thay you need to show use how well they take bumps,turn,run cool with your water pumps. You know the streetable stuff. I'm sorry I think the class is TOO MUCH for a streetable truck. There is classes for Pull only trucks and some should maybe move up where they belong. I quit pulling, I want mine streetable. It now has a roll bar so I would say my pulling days re over. So before anyone says I want it tamed down for me your wrong. Everyone needs to remember they didn't start out with what they have now. There needs to be a place for new guys or this deal will die off. Jeff

Right out of the NADM rule book at: http://runnadm.com/2009_Sled_Rules.pdf Page 20:

STREETABILITY CONFORMANCE
Upon completion of the event, the technical inspector(s) may request that the first place pullers in
the Work Stock and Street Diesel classes perform an on-street excursion. Time will be granted to
remove weights and adjust suspension stops. The excursion shall not exceed 20 miles.

Better yet! You have to be wearing only assless chaps while driving the 20 miles - nothing else - you first ECC!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Seriously guys its a street legal class! Needs to be licensed and insured as a street vehicle!

Read the rules:rules:

so what happens if we cant do this? u out of 2.6 class for year? what if we run out of fuel? i only run bout 5gal at a time. how much are excessive smoke tickets?? lmao:kick:

i believe they will let you take your weights off and blocks out. If im wrong someone help me out. 5 gal should get ya 20mi w/o a problem

Well I guess this is a way to keep guys honest gotta hand it to NADM for that. Jut gonna hurt the P pump guys! On another note man where was this rule last year. I would of paid you guys to pull this rule on anthony! He would of been a water packing mofo. Just kidding Anthony haha!

road trip

my truck uses around 1 gal per 300ft hope there are alot of gas station wood be glad to give them a ride of their life. just a bit of smoke video bud300ft in gallery i drive my truck on the street

my truck uses around 1 gal per 300ft hope there are alot of gas station wood be glad to give them a ride of their life. just a bit of smoke video bud300ft in gallery i drive my truck on the street

puctuation?

I think this will be interesting.

Rick

Seriously guys its a street legal class! Needs to be licensed and insured as a street vehicle!

Read the rules:rules:

Hey there PETER breath.... It was just a question that I wanted cleared up...:shake: But if you really float that way Im sure OB will wear the assless chaps for you.:poke: LMAO A fuel cell in a STREET truck....Wow And im sure those electric water pumps just love 95* days with the A/C on high :kick:

Hey there PETER breath.... It was just a question that I wanted cleared up...:shake: But if you really float that way Im sure OB will wear the assless chaps for you.:poke:

:hehe::hehe:That's Mr Peter Breath man, Understand - just having some fun with the chaps comment - keep coming AND bringing your truck to compete!

What's the big deal with an electric water pump on a 95* day? My 01 runs it fine, and that is with the air conditioning on. It seems that people are making a bigger deal out of the water pumps, wouldn't they be comparable to electric fans? They do the same job as a belt driven fan/pump but are ran by 12v and can be on without the truck running to help cool it down for a possible pull-off. With Shrivers truck I welcome the 20 mile test, it should be neat to see.

I know:D thats why I gave a smart ass coment back....Hell I can't compete? I purposely break half shafts right before the pull so I don't get 50 feet put on me by the winning truck.

i would like to see it done in the 2.8 class, i want to see the look on the guys faces who are running filled blocks, yes thats a rule and nadm needs to make sure they are checking for it.

Electric water pump isn't an issue...hell, I drove 15 miles with one that was junk, stopping every 2-3 miles to replace the fuse;)

The 12v guys might not be as bad off as you think, it's all in the tuning...that, and most of them are running low gears and 5 speeds, you can drive around a lot of the lag with one of the bigger 2.6" chargers out there.

It's 20 miles...you're lucky they don't want you to hook up a trailer and go to it;)
Chris

so what happens if we cant do this? u out of 2.6 class for year? what if we run out of fuel? i only run bout 5gal at a time. how much are excessive smoke tickets?? lmao:kick:

hmm think if you broke rules you end up forfetiing that pull..

5gl.... i think you should increase it.

excellant rule... :Cheer:

P pump is tuning... you can make it street able... it just takes more work.

Thats what I'm thinking Chris. I figure the P-pump guys will be fine. Its all in setup. And for the others complaining, you don't have to pulll NADM.

Back