New NADM Street licensed diesel rule?

Man I've seen more crying in this thread than TS allowing nitrous. It's a street class. If you can't drive your 2.6 class truck on the street then move up. NADM doesn't make the rules on what is streetable. That is up to the state you live in and the local law enforcement where you are at at the time. You know very well if your truck is capable of making the trip.

What does that trip consist of? U dont know do u?
Brandon

If They Do This And I By Anymeans And Forced To Do This I Will Drop My Pull My Old School Does Not Have Cooling Capacity To Cool It Unless We Are Allowed Electric Water Pumps It Just Will Not Do It Even When It Was Ve And Had 370 It Would Get Hot With Electric Fans Is Not Reasonable Just Follow The Rules On Charger And Drivetrain And It Will Be A Fun Competitive Class Ths Is My $.02

You are allowed Electric water pumps and fans...I daily drove my truck setup with that same combo, even pulled a couple 10K lb trailers with it...all with a 550cc, 5K pump, a TIGHT converter, and with a 64mm single, or a 62/S480 twin set. Get a grip;) Unless you changed the radiator, any Cummins should be able to cool itself to make it 20 miles...if it can't, get out of the street classes!

What are the guide lines to this rule?

Who is to say the truck is streetable?

Are u telling me that u could hook all season get to the last pull and the tech guy say hey lets make him do our "Opinionated road test" then it pisses our entire season away?

U allow hanging weights and Air/Water IC's and this is a street class?

Point blank u HAVE NO RULES THAT TELL US WHAT MAKES OUR TRUCKS STREETABLE it just says a 20 mile road trip, is that accelerating decelerating pulling a trailer stop and go do we have to keep the water temp below 180* do we have to drive 20 miles going 60mph? U have nothing telling us what this 20mile excursion consist's of?

U gave us a set of rules and we build to them and can pass with flying colors but we also have to pass your road test which with the way they read IT IS ALL OPINION THEIR ARE NO GUIDELINES.

All im getting at what are the guidelines to this rule, u ask 99 people they may have 99 opinions of what streetable is?

Brandon

That's right, 99 people will have 99 opinions on streetable...but I remember you driving your S465 equipped, mini-spooled, 5.13 geared truck to my shop to give me a hand with my truck...that's more than 20 miles one way. Was it fun...I think you said no, did it make it, yes...and I think a couple times.

I doubt they are going to critique your driving habits, or having to rev it out a little in each gear to keep from smoking out every intersection...but as long as you can actually drive it 20 miles, without any big problems, like overheating, cutting a tire on a fender, etc, I'd say you'll be fine.

Chris

I know the Lee Brothers drove there truck to a pull last year...It was probly no more than 10 miles away but they still drove it there even with the wieghts on the front and solid suspension.....I know they have electric fans and a electric water pump...Not sure on what size mm the P-pump is but It seemed perfectly fine when they got there.... Im sure any 2.6 truck will be able to make the trip... Signature 600 is correct....I think its more of a over heating, No tareing off fenders, street test rather than if it smokes on the road...Even my hunk of **** smokes on the road:D

Don't over think things...trucks will smoke...heck, even with twins, I can still black out the road behind me if I flat foot it, but most of the time, there is barely a haze from my truck!

Chris

What does that trip consist of? U dont know do u?
Brandon

WTF makes the difference. What if it's all up hill at a 6% grade. It's about being a street truck. If you can't do it, I think the idea is you need to move up.

WTF makes the difference. What if it's all up hill at a 6% grade. It's about being a street truck. If you can't do it, I think the idea is you need to move up.

:hehe: dont worry I will be in your class. I asked a simple question u cant answer it so sit back and let the ones who can chime in. I built my truck to their rules if u have the time we can tear it down to the ground so U can critique everything and see it is all legal under their written rules in the 09' rule book. I just wanted to know what makes it streetable I can go to my local DMV/BMV and have them give me a complete vehicle inspection and I will pass but I could come to a event hook and then go on a test drive and them say it isnt? that makes no sense.... Do u go buy a house and just sign your name without reading the fine print and understanding all of details?
Brandon

I thought this was brought up awhile back that the 2.6 class isn't really a street class anymore?? I don't care either way really, the thing it would kill the most is the p pump guys! All in all talk about a waste of time! 20 mile road trip with the top 3 trucks? Thats a good hour of wasted time!

Dont think its gonna hurt anyone. Every single truck should be able to do it unless they have a filled block. Dont know why the p pumps have a disadvantage. Pump should make no difference.

:hehe: dont worry I will be in your class. I asked a simple question u cant answer it so sit back and let the ones who can chime in. I built my truck to their rules if u have the time we can tear it down to the ground so U can critique everything and see it is all legal under their written rules in the 09' rule book. I just wanted to know what makes it streetable I can go to my local DMV/BMV and have them give me a complete vehicle inspection and I will pass but I could come to a event hook and then go on a test drive and them say it isnt? that makes no sense.... Do u go buy a house and just sign your name without reading the fine print and understanding all of details?
Brandon

:hehe: What a tard!

Well I guess this is a way to keep guys honest gotta hand it to NADM for that. Jut gonna hurt the P pump guys! On another note man where was this rule last year. I would of paid you guys to pull this rule on anthony! He would of been a water packing mofo. Just kidding Anthony haha!

Yes I could not have made a 20 mile trip thats for sure. Would have had to have a fire departments water tanker follow me. Badly cracked blocks dont hold much water!!

My 2 cents is, I'd rather not run my pulling tires on the road, period. I would have to massively air them up though. Guess everyone needs to bring a compressor.

I guess if you were asked to do this only once, it's not a biggie. If it happened several times I think it would be a major PITA.

My guess is this won't happen too much because no one has the time.

Now, if this could be forced as a matter of protest from another puller, holy crap it would be out of hand.

I haven't read the rules real tightly. Does NADM have protest procedures?

A tech official must ask for the road test...and I think it's geared more for the top finishers. At least that's what I gathered from what was posted!

Chris

My 2 cents is, I'd rather not run my pulling tires on the road, period. I would have to massively air them up though. Guess everyone needs to bring a compressor.

I guess if you were asked to do this only once, it's not a biggie. If it happened several times I think it would be a major PITA.

My guess is this won't happen too much because no one has the time.

Now, if this could be forced as a matter of protest from another puller, holy crap it would be out of hand.

I haven't read the rules real tightly. Does NADM have protest procedures?

That is what im getting at their are no details. If we always ran good do we have to do this at every event? do we only have to do it 1 time then get the seal of approval? Their is way to many variables their has to be some rules covering this topic. It looks to me as if everyone that has posted JUST THINKS or IT LOOKS like that is the rule give us hard facts and it will put an end and leave no questions to be asked and nothing to be said.
Brandon

A tech official must ask for the road test...and I think it's geared more for the top finishers. At least that's what I gathered from what was posted!

Chris

Why just the top finishers? So someone could run a "non-streetable" truck as long as they place 10th or worse......
Brandon

Why just the top finishers? So someone could run a "non-streetable" truck as long as they place 10th or worse......
Brandon

If they aren't winning, who cares?? No offense Brandon, but if you go out this year, and never get above 10th, no one is gonna give two chits about what you did to your truck;)

Chris

And one more thing, if it's legal to adjust your suspension to pull, i.e., lower your torsion bars, then it should be legal to turn them back up prior to the test.

If the leaf and coil spring guys can turn a bolt or whatever and adjust their suspension for the track, that's fine too.

I still don't think there's much point to run a pulling tire down the road. If Tech isn't specifically worried about tires then this is a non issue.

Didja ever think maybe Sleddy worded the rule this way, to start threads like this, that get lots of exposure for NADM?

We've all been HAD! :hehe:

And one more thing, if it's legal to adjust your suspension to pull, i.e., lower your torsion bars, then it should be legal to turn them back up prior to the test.

If the leaf and coil spring guys can turn a bolt or whatever and adjust their suspension for the track, that's fine too.

I still don't think there's much point to run a pulling tire down the road. If Tech isn't specifically worried about tires then this is a non issue.

They already set time will be given to air up tires, adjust suspension stops, and drop weights...I'm sure torsion bar adjustments would be allowed too.

Guys, I've said it before...I'm not a puller...but I'm sure if you give NADM a chance, they will explain the rules, and how they will go about enforcing this rule. This has been on here for about a day now!
Chris

Do u go buy a house and just sign your name without reading the fine print and understanding all of details?
Brandon

Yes, B, that's the way they do it in West Virginia where Kevin is from. They just make sure the tires are aired up so they can tow it down the street.

LOL

Gotcha Kev :poke:

Guys, I've said it before...I'm not a puller...but I'm sure if you give NADM a chance, they will explain the rules, and how they will go about enforcing this rule. This has been on here for about a day now!
Chris

In Sleddy Ye Trust :D

They already set time will be given to air up tires, adjust suspension stops, and drop weights...I'm sure torsion bar adjustments would be allowed too.

Chris

I agree. I think the main focus is the motor. If you guys want to pick them apart and be stupid about adjustments on suspension and all that bs. They will just say as soon as you unhook were going for a ride. Back off let them explain and then ask. You guys put chit in your head before its even explained.

Back